1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Blog: Todd Archer's training camp observations - Oxnard No. 13

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 25, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,192 Messages
    7,009 Likes Received
    Posted at 8:24 PM on Wed., Aug. 25, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Todd Archer / Reporter [IMG] Bio | [IMG] E-mail | [IMG] News tips

** Linebacker Leon Williams did not practice because of cauliflower ear. He had to have the blood drained from his ear but he's not expected to miss much time at all. Wide receiver Kevin Ogletree missed his second straight practice with a hamstring injury but he should return to practice on Thursday.

** Cornerback Orlando Scandrick had an interception on an out route to Terrell Hudgins. He made a clean break and catch on the ball, which showed he is gaining confidence in his surgically repaired left finger.

** Tony Romo had just three incomplete passes during the practice. He threw behind Jason Witten down the middle, had a spike to stop the clock, and missed Patrick Crayton in the slot in a two-minute drill. Another throw to Roy Williams that fell to the ground would have been negated by a pass interference penalty on Teddy Williams.

**Patrick Crayton continues to light it up from the slot. He caught a back shoulder from Romo just off Jamar Wall's ear. Williams ended the first-team's two-minute offense with a great grab of a Romo throw, while dragging his toes before going out of bounds.

** Tight end Martellus Bennett made a nice adjustment on a floater from Jon Kitna toward the sideline, adjusting his body to make the grab over McCray.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/todd-archers-training-camp-obs-31.html
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,954 Messages
    7,698 Likes Received
    We're going nuts with the back-shoulder stuff this season. Should be fun to watch.
  3. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

712 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    My only concern is if the rec'r and QB are not on the same page it coulo lead to a pic 6.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,548 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    The Aint's got to a superbowl with that strategy, IMO.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,954 Messages
    7,698 Likes Received
    Who was the Stealer CB--was it Ike Taylor--who jumped that back-shoulder fade on us back in '08? That was a thing of beauty. It's an unbelievably difficult play to defend when it's thrown right. I'm pretty comfortable with Romo's ability to make the pass.

You can say that again!
  6. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,548 Messages
    700 Likes Received
    Sorry,man...........don't know how I pulled that off. Well I do, but. ;)