1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Bob Sturm on Cowboys' Roy Williams: 'I've seen too much to be fooled'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 2, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm

The Ticket's Bob Sturm, heard weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. on KTCK-AM 1310, answered questions in a chat on Friday. Some excerpts:

On the formation that Marion Barber scored his touchdown on:

The Barber TD was "23" personnel. 2 RB's and 3 TE's. You would only use it on short-yardage situations. Witten and Gronkowski both were lead blockers into the hole. It is a strictly goal-line premise by just winning a power struggle for 1 yard. In the middle of the field, it would not be considered in that particular form.

LINK to article
  2. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm on Cowboys' Roy Williams: 'I've seen too much to be fooled'

Whew! Sure glad we Texas fans have Sturm around to keep grounded and save us... from ourselves.

Hook'em

[IMG]
    :lmao:
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I expect Dallas to try and keep Spears as well....
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    I think it's pretty much common sense to take a wait and see approach to see if the new chemistry between Roy and Tony stays as good as it's been so far this season. I think a couple more weeks of good performances and we could probably safely say that whatever the issues were before, are no longer issues.
  5. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brother, and if those issues are long gone and that tandem starts to click....Look out.

Three fundamental #1 WR's on a team, and all committed to winning over all else?

Is karma paying us back for taking second chances on Tank, TO, and Pacman? Have we paid our penance and now stand to be rewarded with three top flight receivers, not a diva amongst them?

Man, it's too much to contemplate really.
  6. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    let RWS make the pro bowl

then I might be impressed

IMO

hes traded or cut next year
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,170 Messages
    4,350 Likes Received
    Who replaces him? You going to draft another WR high for the 2nd year in a row? I don't think so.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the rest of his deal is actually a pretty good bargain for the team.
  9. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The coaches have changed Roy's role in the offense and have him running the routes he runs well. Add that to the respect defenses must pay to the other weapons (e.g., Austin, Witten, etc.) and Roy's increased performance and production is not an accident or a fluke.
  10. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Austin at the 1.
    Dez at the 2.
    OTree and Hurd fight it out for the 3.
  11. cowboybacker4life

cowboybacker4life New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Otree or Hurd what a jke neither one of them is as good as Roy or will be