1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Bradie James expects to play more against Washington

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 16, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    ByDavid Moore / Reporter

dmoore@dallasnews.com | Bio

5:28 PM on Wed., Nov. 16, 2011 | Permalink

Bradie James was on the field for exactly one play in Sunday's win over Buffalo. That came at the end the first quarter when the Cowboys were penalized for having 12 men on the field.

"We won the game, man,'' James said. "That's what I'm here to do. The only thing I can control is how I react and respond to the situation.

It will be different this weekend against Washington.

"I'll play this week,'' James said. "It's old school ball this week. Two tight ends with 21 personnel.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/cowboys-lb-bradie-james-on-hav.html
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    From FWST:

“When I was younger, it would have been tougher to really understand what is going on,” James said. “Now, I see. My legacy is helping these younger guys and winning football games. That’s all I care about and that’s what we stress in practice all day long. ...We’re competitors by nature and as a competitor you want to be doing what you do. But you also have to see the big picture and that takes maturity and that takes a level head. And so that’s where I am.”

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/11/james-got-one-snap-and-it-didnt-count.html
  3. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,218 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Brady can teach them his famous "shadowing" the wide recievers that he showed in the Eagles game.He starts out about five yards behind and accompanies them towards the goal line.Really he needs to go nothing left in the tank.One play was enough last week.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,043 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    The Bills play 3 and 4 WR sets almost every play. Why would Bradie be on the field? Who would expect him to be? He seems to accept the game plan. Why is the media making this a big deal, when it clearly isn't?
  5. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,455 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Somehow, fans will still find a way to skewer Bradie James.

I hope he comes back next year, even with a reduced role.
  6. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Bradie has been one of the most maligned cowboys this team has had. Every year we want someone better every year he sticks. He never complains about his role, he comes to work every game and he never makes excuses. Coverage isn't his strong suit but he doesn't put the blame at anyone's feet when he gets burned. In this day and age where most players look for excuses he doesn't make any.
  7. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,819 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I don't think it could be said any better. I don't know how much he has left in the tank, but he's never given anything less than his best. When it comes time for him to go, I will be saddened, particularly when I consider his history and attitude. Add me to the list of people who'd like to see him back next year, even in a diminished role. Character counts for something on this team.