1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Brandon Carr: Cowboys defense was ‘a day late on everything’ vs. the Saints

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,371 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    7:55 pm on December 23, 2012 | Permalink

ARLINGTON – Regardless of the many injuries the Cowboys have on defense, cornerback Brandon Carr wasn’t using it as an excuse Sunday evening.

“Guys are out there busting their butts and competing,” Carr said, “but I just feel like we were always a day late on everything they were trying to do to us.”

We have to eliminate those lapses when the offense starts rolling and putting up points and get the momentum and the crowd into the game,” he said. “We got to come out and put the breaks on these guys, three-and-out or get off the field fast and give it back to our offense.

“I just feel like the last couple of weeks we haven’t been doing that. We can’t just keep giving up points and trading points back and forth. We’ve been doing this the whole season, but it catches up to you when it catches up to you and today we played against a good ball team, a good offense and a great quarterback, a lot of explosive and talented receivers and they got the job done today.”

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-a-day-late-on-everything-vs-the-saints.html/
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    They need to man up!
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......by a 6-8 team: period. We are not a playoff team: not even CLOSE. Shame, because if Carter, Lee, Church, JRat, Oscan and Coleman were healthy we'd be in serious business: but they aren't and we're about done.
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Beat the Redskins next week and we will be.
  5. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Active Member

243 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    AMEN! Win and we are in! And I could care less how we got there!!!!:starspin
  6. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,472 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Yeah, if we had those guys we would be in the hunt for the title.:star:
  7. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,249 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    You and me Both brother :bow:
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,560 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    This has already been proven untrue. We're definitely close, and we're a playoff team if we win next week. Once that happens, you can complain some about how we really don't belong there while we're all looking forward to the next game. How's that sound?
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,798 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Just win Sunday...
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,156 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    No 3 and outs the entire game...none.
    91....you read that right....91 plays by New Orleans' offense.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,156 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    Pretty sure that team that Dallas played on Sunday is nothing like the Saints team that started the season.

And if all we have to do is win Sunday to make the playoffs, how can you say we are not "close" to being a playoff team?

A championship team? Not close. I would agree
  12. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,510 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    He's just been running around the board extinguishing hope & optimism all day.

Tonight he's headed to Who-ville. ;)