1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Brandon Carr joins fight against domestic violence

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 21, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    3:49 pm on March 21, 2013 | Permalink

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr is scheduled to join hall of famers Roger Staubach and Emmitt Smith at Saturday’s rally against domestic abuse. Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings has asked 10,000 men to join him at 10 a.m. for a rally outside City Hall called “Men Against Abuse.”

“You can call a guy who abuses women a lot of things, but you cannot call him a man,” Carr said in a video that was posted Thursday on DallasCowboys.com. “A man doesn’t hit women, ever. A man doesn’t raise his son to disrespect women. A man doesn’t look the other way and let his buddy off the hook for it, either. I’m Brandon Carr and I’m a man who is saying this ends now. I’m calling on men to join me at the Mayor’s rally against domestic violence on March 23 at City Hall at 10 a.m. Let’s man up.”

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...r-joins-fight-against-domestic-violence.html/
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,118 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    My little cousin is a class act... Proud of him!
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,281 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    Love this guy. What we see of him publicly, at least.
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    They need a public rally for this? What segment of society does anybody think this behavior is acceptable? Oh, that's right,,, NFL players. :cool:
  5. Idgit

31,281 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    I'll take 'People in physically abusive relationships' for 1,000, EGG.

I'd say it's probably not safe to consider domestic abuse a solved problem at this stage, yet, so a rally to bring awareness to the cause is probably worthwhile. And I'm not sure how anybody could have a problem with it, frankly. Though this is a story about a Cowboy player trying to do some good here in the CZ context.
  6. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Way to skip the punch line, punchy :cool:
  7. Idgit

31,281 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    My bad. I didn't realize there was a punch line in there. :eek::
  8. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    No prob,,, I'm wondering how long until somebody notices the paranomastic use of the words 'punch' and 'punchy' in a domestic abuse thread :war:
  9. Idgit

31,281 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    I stepped carefully around them. I have a worse pun in my back pocket, too, but decided it was probably best not to use it in this particular thread. :)
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,522 Messages
    458 Likes Received
    Oh, that's right, you're an admin so you have to walk the straight and narrow,,, :p: