1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Brooking on rookie's low block: 'Eight years ago, I might have beat his ***

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 18, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    11:32 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coach Wade Phillips ranked Tuesday's practice among the best of the entire camp. The execution was crisp on both sides of the ball, Phillips said.

"Eight years ago, I might have beat his [back side]," Brooking said. "But I'm older now. I have to save my energy."

"It gets to the point at training camp when you see little things go on," Brooking said. "The young guys on the offensive line are scrappers."

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/081810dnspocowbrooking.2937eaa.html
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    LOL

I wish we had got this guy in his prime .....
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,886 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Excuse me, but were we not told that no direct postings from the Dallas News were allowed on site? Even if link to site was provided....
  4. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,917 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    I think it was full article postings, summaries/highlights OK.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,886 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    What was summarized? Those were all quotes used....rules are rules.
  6. boysfanindc

2,917 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Summary meaning it was not the full article.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,992 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    There was an update ...... you must not have seen it in your rush to call out a WG.
  8. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    ccboy getting schooled by WG in 3.....2.....1
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    Because of the site's policy change regarding posted content, information from DMN can now be posted again on CZ. This policy change is in line with what was originally requested by DMN originally, but we decided not to cooperate. Now that we've changed our policy, DMN content is allowed.

Any questions, see thread: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189806
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,886 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    As to kiddie gene pool, figure out what school is.....1, 2, 4, 8....geometric progression!:shoot5:

Oh yea, and the inclusion of past posts and previous pages of posting aren't showing up on the screen as well.

That's called communication, for the kiddie gene poolers.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,886 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    No, find your way to a dictionary, as the meaning of summary is NOT just the entry of an article. It is a condensing of total content and put in one's own words....that isn't what has even happend AFTER description. If you are going to toss manure about, be correct first.

A shortened entrance segment is now included, followed by a link to site article is now proper posting format. That is easily described without insult, demeaning language as well as being wrong with what YOU state. Very simple in showing proper and realistic discussions. Try again for your FOURTH effort at being right when you aren't.
  12. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You're kind of a strange one aren't cha?
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,886 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Nothing strange in correcting what was wrong in premise to begin with....and to make a correction, one has to be correct himself. As to inclusion of the Dallas Paper's article, previous BANNED on site, show me where THAT addition is on the current page as it stands now.....first, be right. No apology or compromise is needed in seeking an explanation of which. Sorry Charlie...
  14. Garret

Garret Member

99 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your one of those guys...........
  15. boysfanindc

2,917 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Man, I think you need to switch to decaf, I was trying to be helpful, sorry you did not take it that way.

Quote from the posting thread:

"It will involve smaller summaries or snippets of articles rather than the full articles, but our goal will be to encourage users to post summaries or snippets that include the real meat of the articles minus the fluff rather than the first part of the article then a "continue reading" link."

Guess I should have included the word snippets.
  16. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    It's like a bad episode of frasier.
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    a Diane visits episode.