1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN Camp Blog: Mosley on Romo possibly starting in Seattle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I think that's a pretty good assessment.
  2. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope we do start Romo against Seattle, give him a chance to compete against starters from another team.
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Exactly.

Rumor has it that we're looking at giving Romo an extention. We HAVE to know something about him. We can't just give him a huge bonus without knowing how he can compete against big time competition.
  4. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bring on the Tony Romo experiment. I was actually hoping that he would get a chance to put some work in with the first team offense in the pre-season, so it is good news to hear that Parcells is thinking the same thing.
  5. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    MOXIE, baby!
  6. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,191 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    This might sound strange to many of you but parcell's has stated numerous times in his press conferences that he doesn't want to get his qb killed vs seattle (due to the struggles of the offensive line). IMO this is a GREAT way to "evaluate" romo cough cough and save bledsoe from getting killed. Now by no means am I saying this is definitely his thought process, but hey, you never know. I mean REALISTICLY even IF Romo outplays Bledsoe the entire pre season im willing to bet less than 5 percent of us would say Parcell's would be willing to declare Romo our starter on the depth chart.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I don't think it really matters who starts this game as QB. The offensive gameplan on Saturday is going to be the most vanilla of vanillas, with the focus on evaluating the offensive line. Parcells is going to want to see exactly where the OL is at this point, for better or worse. There will be running plays called just for the sake of evaluating a particular offensive lineman that will have nothing to do with getting a first down or winning the game

Even if he does start this game, I think Romo will be given another start further down the preseason road, perhaps the last game, that will be his true "evaluation" game where there is a game plan formed similar to a regular season game preperation week and he'll be asked to go out and execute it.
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,775 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    one that would get stuffed at the line.:bang2: small qbs have no place.
  9. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Active Member

1,219 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Is it Saturday yet? Geeez ... this week is going by slow.
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Romo is 6'2", per his combine measurement.

Exactly how tall do you have to be to have a "place" in your estimation? 6'4"?

Joe Montana was 6'2". Steve Young was 6'2" Brett Favre is 6'2" Elway was 6'3". Roger Staubach was listed between 6'2" and 6'3". Fran Tarkenton was 6'0". Warren Moon 6'3". Dan Fouts 6'3".
  11. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The only thing that concerns me about Romo is his arm strength. From what I saw of him last year he throws a lot of floaters. He can quick release and dink and dunk all day long but I want to see him throw a flea flicker.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,144 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received

when youre right, youre right.
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,144 Messages
    1,775 Likes Received
    its already open, i can see the worms crawling out as we speak.:laugh2:
  14. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received

based on the fact that the pass rush is so close, and where his elbow is I am certain that he is throwing a dump off pass so its strait.