1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: CB Mike Jenkins will require surgery on shoulder

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,402 Messages
    4,353 Likes Received
    ByDavid Moore / Reporter
    dmoore@dallasnews.com | Bio

3:21 PM on Fri., Jan. 6, 2012 | Permalink
    Mike Jenkins will require surgery on his injured right shoulder.

No date has been set, and the Cowboys cornerback has said he hoped to avoid surgery and allow the injury to heal on its own. But an MRI taken earlier this week revealed that the damage to the shoulder is too severe for that to happen.

Jenkins aggravated the injury when his shoulder popped out in the second quarter of the Cowboys loss to the New York Giants five days ago. He returned with a harness and was used in spot situations the remainder of the game, but hurt the shoulder again in the fourth quarter.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/cowboys-cb-mike-jenkins-will-r.html
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    That sux... he had some injury issues this year, but when he played he was pretty darn good...
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,994 Messages
    680 Likes Received
    He did have a nice bounceback year, although I am sure he was helped by the target on Newman's back some.
  4. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,396 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I wonder if Lee is going to need off season surgery?
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,578 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    hmmm....so we can add a couple more to the list that played thru injuries in addition to Romo....keepers for sure.
  6. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,532 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I really like mike and I think he has been misused dramatically. Hes a man coverage cb and they seem to never pay attention to that. Whether Rob or wade. If we draft a corner at 14 (Kirkpatrick) or sign a cb (leon hall) then mikes days could be numbered which is sad.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,440 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    No he won't. There was an article about this.
  8. shnagy

shnagy Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here. Are we not allowed to have two good corners?