1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN Chat: Sturm: I didn't like what I saw of possible Cowboys pick Prince Amukamara

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 29, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,498 Messages
    3,331 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 28 March 2011 11:03 PM

Bob Sturm, contributor to SportsDayDFW.com and co-host of BAD Radio on SportsRadio 1310 The Ticket in Dallas, answered questions about the Cowboys and the upcoming NFL Draft on Tuesday.

I'm a fan of the Cowboys getting Tyron Smith. But if Jerry sticks to no offensive linemen in the first round, and he truly thinks the Cowboys don't need another corner (which is crazy), where do you think they will go? Maybe JJ Watt?
    JJ Watt keeps coming up when I talk to people around the team. I don't think he is as attractive to me as Cam Jordan is. I also assume that Dareus and Fairley are gone. Watt is a Wisconsin guy that I have watched quite a bit, and I guess I don't like where I think his ceiling might be. I think Jordan can be Richard Seymour, but of course, I am just a media guy who has never done anything more than watch a lot of football.

Do you think the Cowboys have any needs on the O-Line, and if so, do you have any thoughts as to where they will go to fill them?
    The Cowboys have substantial needs on the offensive line. Colombo needs a replacement immediately. I really liked his game, but all through 2010, he demonstrated that his mind is willing but his body can't do it anymore. There were too many games that he looked overmatched and the Arizona game in Week 16 sealed the deal. Davis and Kosier could both use challenges at both Guard spots but I am not sure if the Cowboys see this as a priority. I would be thrilled to snag a guy like Danny Watkins from Baylor or the Moffitt kid from Wisconsin or Bolling from Georgia at pick #41 to be an instant contributor in the interior as they all look like they could start at guard as rookies. If the Cowboys took a RT in the 1st and a Guard in the 2nd, you would not hear me complain at all.

Read the rest of the blog: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...of-possible-cowboys-pick-prince-amukamara.ece

To see the chat: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/03/bob-sturm-answers-cowboys-draf.html
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,152 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    Me either Bob.
  3. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,467 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  4. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

if only all the sports media knew this about themselves......
  5. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,126 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    anyone who thinks OL is not priority #1 is insane.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,262 Messages
    2,822 Likes Received
    :bang2:

Seriously?
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,195 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    That's exactly what I told myself the last two years straight,,, surely Jerry could not ignore the desperate need again, right? :mad:
  8. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This and your sig. Both are the way I've been thinkng lately. I actually like Amukamara, but I think I'd be more happy with Tyron.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In the famous words of the late great Michael Jackson... "You are not alone..."