1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboy Blog: Jerry Jones on ...*Julius*

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cbz40, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    March 14, 2007

Jerry Jones on ...

** While national outlets report the Cowboys have Julius Jones on the trading block, the Cowboys owner and GM said the team is not shopping Jones.

"I don’t see that happening," Jones said. "We have got a team that’s going to need some great plays from that position and I like what we’ve done there with Barber. More than likely, unless we have an opportunity in the draft to do something, it’s likely that we’ll be going with the running back group we ended the season with. Hopefully we can have (Tyson) Thompson there that could give us a third back."

** Jones said he expects Terrell Owens to be around for the off-season program, depending on how well he is recouping from finger surgery. The program starts March 26 and will include more on-field work than the Cowboys did in previous years with Bill Parcells.

** Jones said the team has not made a decision to match the offer Tennessee gave restricted free agent Ryan Fowler, but he expects that to come down soon. The Cowboys have until Monday to make a decision.
    **Drafting a quarterback in the third round is a real possibility, according to Jones, but he does not want people to think he is looking at a future without Tony Romo. Given Brad Johnson's age and Romo's future, it only makes sense to look at the quarterback spot.

Posted by Todd Archer [IMG] at 2:23 PM (E-mail this entry)
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That sounds like far less than a ringing endorsement for Julius...
  3. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,498 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I hope we do keep JJ, I think he is going to excel in the new offense under Garrett
  4. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Would you say MBIII will probably be starting? I would.
  5. Colo

Colo Rocky Mountain High

805 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    After years of QB retreads we finally have a solid prospect for franchise QB and now he decides to go QB on the first day. Makes perfect sense to me..
  6. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If i read anything into what he said i'd have to say, if they have a shot at AD then and only then will they trade JJ.
  7. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

As I have said many times....after the past 10yrs It wouldn't bother me if we drafted a QB every year.:)
  8. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Sorry...do you mean AP?
  9. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree... but vague enough to note that cheap offers won't be recognized.
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    No, he means Adrian Dantley of course!
    [IMG]
  11. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah...Chargers did that last yr too...what were they thinking? :rolleyes:

they have to have some protection for the future...Brad Johnson is a stop gap for a game or two injury to Romo...if Romo regresses this yr or holds out in the future, we have nothing

absolutely nothing wrong this yr with spending a middle rd pick on a QB

David
  12. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I was actually thinking AD in Antonio Daniels of the Wizards.

Duhhh... everyone knows Dantely has been retired for decades now! :D
  13. S4 DGMS

S4 DGMS Member

51 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe gives my trade proposal on the other page some legs!....:laugh2:
  14. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Your probably right, Dantley would not register that good of a draft grade this late in his career! ;)
  15. carphalen5150

carphalen5150 New Member

1,064 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ron Wolf did this every year in GB...it seemed anyways. He turned those guys around for better picks to...Brooks, Hasselback, Brunell, guys like that.
  16. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He actually still moves pretty well. I played a pickup bball game with him and a few guys about 5 years ago, so who knows. If Pippen could come back then....
  17. Colo

Colo Rocky Mountain High

805 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Didn't say there was. Just wondering why we didn't take this approach years ago.
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    You should be banned for posting that! One of the worst Mavs trades ***EVER***! :(
  19. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Because of all the baseball projects on the roster.
  20. carphalen5150

carphalen5150 New Member

1,064 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I do wish Jerry would not tell everyone what position and round he is targeting players in though. Just sayin'