1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins breaks silence, says he never requested a trade

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 31, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,851 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins breaks silence, says he never requested a trade

By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com
    3:03 pm on July 30, 2012 | Permalink

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...silence-says-he-never-requested-a-trade.html/

OXNARD, CALIF. — For the entire offseason, Mike Jenkins remained silent, leaving others to assume that the cornerback was unhappy with his situation. On Monday, at the Cowboys’ first training camp involving the full team, he finally confirmed as much.

“It was very frustrating at first,” he said.

After undergoing major surgery on his right shoulder in January, Jenkins watched the Cowboys acquire two high-profile players who played the same position he did. They signed Brandon Carr to a $50.1 million contract in March and then traded up to draft Morris Claiborne with the sixth overall pick.

“I knew what it was,” Jenkins said. “They let me know. They called me. Actually, they called me after the fact. Like I said. It’s a business. I understand that. It’s not for me to get mad.”...
  2. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

4,016 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Of course he's going to say that now to cover his butt. He knows he doesn't have any leverage and this softens feelings towards him.... somewhat. Whether he said it or not, he let the situation run rampant after his "agent" said it. He's still guilty.:mad:
  3. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,249 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Or... Maybe.... Youre just a fan with ZERO inside information and you never know exactly what goes on behind the scenes. All you do is make uneducated guesses into your mediocre responses...

hmmm hammer meet nail