1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett dishes on free-agent acquisitions, changes on defense and new play

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    LOL teams do it all the time. Just ask Jerry.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,240 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    Are you talking about packaging some 7ths for a 6 maybe a 5? If so yeah. It'll take more than 3 7s to get a 4 though. Won't say it never happens since I don't know that but I don't remember that being a common occurrence.
  3. ConstantReboot

2,978 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    I can say its a fool proof strategy. But the strategy laid out is nothing more than a guideline which I wish one day that the Cowboys would try and implement. If they would have gone Oline in the 2nd round last year I think our oline would have been set. Lack of a coherent drafting philosophy is why we tend to draft badly in the past.

Your right we should not draft for need all the time. But we should draft for players that can immediately step in and help the team - whether its a high pick or a low round pick. Players always get injured and there is always a chance that they might actually have to play. We need to stop picking up these superstars from smaller schools that don't translate well into the pro game. I would rather use those picks for a 2nd or 3rd stringer from a big school. The Niners use that same philosophy and it seems to work out well for them.
  4. ConstantReboot

2,978 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    LOL thats too funny. However, I really can't laugh too hard because there is reality in what you say.
    Wolfpack likes this.
  5. ConstantReboot

2,978 Messages
    916 Likes Received
    I think Im being sarcastic because I had a bit too much to drink. In this case I meant to say that Jerry has a tendancy to do the opposite and give up some 4th and 5th rounders for a bunch of 7ths.
    jobberone likes this.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,240 Messages
    4,186 Likes Received
    Sry I missed the boat on that one. I don't agree but its funny.
  7. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    This really made me laugh until it sunk in how true this has been
    Wolfpack likes this.