News: DMN: Cowboys owner apologizes to fans: 'We’ve got to do something that changes this'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 1, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,720 Messages
    14,377 Likes Received
    11:27 PM CDT on Sunday, October 31, 2010

Column by DAVID MOORE / The Dallas Morning News | dmoore@dallasnews.com

David Moore
    Archive | E-mail

ARLINGTON – A joyless season took another morose turn with Sunday's 35-17 loss to Jacksonville. This Cowboys team continues to crumble under the weight of unfulfilled expectations and inferior performance.

The four-game losing streak the team lugs into November is its worst in eight years. This is a listless, lifeless bunch that head coach Wade Phillips prays he hasn't lost. He admits he can't say for sure.

Jerry Jones can't say what he'll do, either. The Cowboys owner apologized to fans after they watched his team remain winless at home and drop to 1-6. Jones tied himself into a verbal knot, defending Phillips one moment, then acknowledging the team's unacceptable performance forces him to look at all options, including a coaching change.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...wboys/stories/110110dnspomoore.1e5d8bd55.html
  2. Larry73

Larry73 Benched

49 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No **** JJ?

JJ needs to be checked!
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't get the anger at JJT, he's pointing out the truth...
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

6,023 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
    Jerry just needs to shut up and look in the mirror...he is clearly the root cause of all of this. I put 90% of problems on Jerry and maybe 5% for players and 5% on wade.
  5. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

8,630 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Jerry, can you do something before Dec 17th? I've paid $800 to attend the Skins game and I'm highly pissed at the poor excuse for a football team that will potentially be on the field that day.
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    yep there going to go back to fundamentals...tackling and blocking 101 or as bradie said "like going back to pop warner and playing for 60 minutes"

made me laugh when I heard the fundemental quote from wade today because it reminded me of coaching pop warner football:lmao2:
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Yep. It's a shame that you were sold a fugazy product by Jerry the snake oil salesman.

Hopefully, everyone will begin to realize this and force the change(s) that need to be made.