1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboys receiver Miles Austin feels fine: 'I'm playing in the game' Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 11, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

23,055 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    IRVING — Miles Austin said Friday that he’s ready to play Sunday night. The Dallas Cowboys veteran wide receiver was inactive the last two games with a strained left hamstring but was a full participant in practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

“Practiced hard,” Austin said. “Fired up … I’m playing in the game. I feel fine.”

When further questioned about playing against Washington, Austin repeatedly responded with a simple: “Fired up and excited.”

Continue reading...
  2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,092 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    Easy Miles you might pull up lame getting fired up and excited
  3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,443 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    The amazing recuperative powers of Terrance Williams.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,491 Messages
    3,318 Likes Received
    I'm not sure, but it might've been @theebs who mentioned that they might hold Miles out until the Redskins game regardless of what was reported. So sounds like the expected rehab time to me.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,298 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    I agree on the TW angle. I like our depth here. Miles has a serious threat to his #2 WR role. I am sure this has helped things, perhaps even unknowingly speeding up Miles' recovery.
    Texas_Pete likes this.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,161 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    Funny but true
  7. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,796 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I hate to defend Miles over this, but Hamstring problems can be so hard to get over. Especially in a sport like this.
    ringmaster likes this.
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,519 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    He can sit behind Williams and Beasley. Or at the very least he should be slot with Williams still starting opposite Dez.
  9. punit328

punit328 Active Member

689 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I hope they still keep Beasley active
    Doomsay likes this.
  10. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Good. I don't care who starts, just be productive.
  11. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,458 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    Why because Williams had one good game?
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,519 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    Other than the fumble the game prior, he's had two very good games. Beyond that, he is supposed to be the future #2 WR on this team. At some point, you have to let the future guy take over. He and Miles don't play the spot anyway. Miles is a slot receiver.
    JonJon likes this.
  13. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

935 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I understand the love Williams is getting but at this point in time he's no Miles Austin when miles is healthy.
  14. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,742 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    Wait until he has to accelerate to try and catch a small overthrow! Ham and beans all over again.
  15. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,288 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Yeah, but is Miles really healthy or is he going to be playing at 75% or so?
  16. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,161 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Agree! I'm thrilled to have Miles back. The more the merrier. Wishing away another weapon for this offense is like wishing away a wet t-shirt contest.
    silver and Fletch like this.
  17. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,641 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Williams and Beasley are the magic healing powers.:)
    lane likes this.
  18. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    He's back, but I would bet money that he re-injures the hamstring again sometime in the next several weeks. I don't know a whole lot about the subject, but from what I have read and watch regarding hamstring injuries, once you start getting them, it becomes easier and easier to get them again. When healed, there is scar tissue on the hamstring which isn't as pliable as the original tissue, and the stress on that tissue increases the chance of re-injury. Miles has had several of these injuries in the past several years, so I'm somewhat expecting a repeat of last year when this nagged him all season.
  19. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    yea steve dennis said it on the Monday after he injured it against the rams. Said he was told don't expect him till the skins game.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  20. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,412 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    Well, hopefully Miles is giving Michael Vick some advice on how to heal quickly from hamstring problems. :)