1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboys receiver Miles Austin feels fine: 'I'm playing in the game' Sunday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Oct 11, 2013.

1. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,478 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I would like the team to stick with the Rookie. Miles days are numbered and time to get Williams the reps. Not only because he is the future #2 but because he is a better option than Miles.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Whoa, whoa.. whoa.

Settle down with that simple logic there.. we have "Cowboys fans" around.
    Vintage likes this.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You hate to defend a homegrown player on the team you love? A guy who worked his way up from nowhere to become a pro bowl caliber player, mainly through hard work and strong will?
  4. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

947 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I'm glad to have Miles back but he isn't the same player he used to be after all these injuries.

I'd like to see them kind of limit his snaps Sunday by playing him in the slot on 3 wide receiver sets but leaving Williams on the outside when we only have 2 receivers on the field.
  5. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Type slower. Cowboys fans can't keep up with dem fancy words and such.
  6. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,187 Messages
    2,098 Likes Received
    Austin has no fear of TW in losing the number 2 spot. Which is funny we are talking about this after how people talked about TW after the Chargers game. But have people forgotten that the plan was always to have TW on the outside and Austin in the slot?

I mean did people forget all of training camp and the offseason?

You realize this is why we started the kid outside from essentially day 1. We wanted him to grow in the role while being able to be eased in due to the presence of Dez, Miles and Witten.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    A little bit of Beasley I think is on Austin's mind, A little bit of Williams and Austin feels just fine.
  8. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,779 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    honestly I would rather see Williams and Beasley get more playing time. I am pretty certain Miles is gone after this year so Dallas should invest their time and resources for their future.
  9. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    1,088 Likes Received
    $10 it gets messed up again during the game sunday
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Given Austin's health history, you are preaching to the choir.
  11. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,978 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    I'm happy he's back. We can use him. He's more proven than Williams and Beasley combined. Having him will keep fresh legs out there and gives us depth.
  12. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,597 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    I don't see why Miles won't be here next year, if he can get healthy and stay that way. It isn't until 2016 when his salary jumps into the area where only big stars actually get paid that much - 11.38 million. Next year his salary is 5.5 million and in 2015 it is 6.9 million.
  13. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Hey, can someone put some music to this?:)
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I can understand why they would get rid of him. That is 5.5 million to a part time player. His injury history makes him a 5.5 million dollar gamble on a player that is very likely going to be injured when he is needed most.
  15. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,216 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I give him 3 quarters
  16. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,490 Messages
    2,901 Likes Received
    Exactly.

You dont pay guys that spend more time in the tub than on the field almost $6 large. Like Steven Jones once said, "you cant make the club in the tub".

Austin either needs to decide to sack up and play through the injury or put his house on the market because this play one week, sit one week, play one week, sit one week crap is not cutting it.
  17. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,611 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    For a quarter or two.
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    The Terrance Williams effect LOL
  19. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,216 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I give him 3 quarters
  20. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,966 Messages
    1,529 Likes Received
    My goodness, you guys act like he violated your sister...the guy has issues with his hamstrings...is he brittle? perhaps...is he our 2nd best WR? certainly...and, IMO, he isn't taking snaps away from Williams, he is taking them away from Beasley, Escobar, and Hanna (the latter two in the passing game, not from a blocking perspective)

the offense, when healthy, is at it's best with Dez and TW on the outside and Miles in the slot...we should see that against the 28th rated defense against the pass on sunday night (they are also 31st against the run)....