1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboys still mourn Jerry Brown, whose mom champions courage, forgiveness

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Dec 7, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

19,010 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    If forgiveness is indeed the gift we give ourselves, Stacey Jackson has enough to share with everyone.

From the moment she learned her first-born son had died in a car wreck, Jackson offered her forgiveness to the man who was responsible for her heartache.

One year later, that hasn’t changed.

Sunday will be yet another difficult day for Jackson. It’s been a year since her son, Jerry Brown Jr., a practice squad linebacker for the Cowboys, died while riding in the passenger seat of a car driven by Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent, who, according to accident reports, was intoxicated.

On the anniversary of her son’s death, Jackson will be at work but plans to call Brent — as she has every week since that tragic night in Irving — and console him. Someone is also making a Cowboys cake for her, and she plans to pass out pieces to her co-workers.

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    This woman is truly remarkable...

Edit:

And just to add, I thought the reporter, Brandon George did an awesome job writing this story. Kudos to him.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  3. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,739 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    What a wonderful person.
    I admit- I teared up reading that.

Forgiveness is a truly an amazing thing.
    I need to go call my mama...
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,585 Messages
    2,747 Likes Received
    Nice story. Though, I have to say, this kind of thing bugs me:

It's not the club's responsibility to determine whether or not every patron is responsible about getting a ride home after drinking. Especially in a situation where other members of the same team arranged for drivers, and the league offers the chauffeur service for a reason. I'm sorry, but if you drink and drive, and if you get in the car with a drinking driver, it's your own poor judgement. It's not the club's job to find out whether or not you intend to break the law on the way home when there are other options available.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Isnt she suing everyone she can?

The whole situation is unfortunate. RIP.