1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Cowboys will not fire Wade Phillips after 1-3 start; Jerry Jones finally speaks

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 13, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,658 Messages
    2,671 Likes Received
    David Moore

The Cowboys disappointing start has once again led to questions about the job security of Wade Phillips. The answer is the same as we have reported here time and time again.

Owner Jerry Jones has no intention of firing his head coach at this time.

Jones, who is in Chicago for owners meetings, reiterated that point to NFL Network's Albert Breer on Tuesday. Breer, who spoked to Jones, wrote via Twitter:

Read More http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/10/please-repeat-after-us-cowboys.html
  2. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,295 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I don't see how a coaching change now can solve anything.
  3. odog422

odog422 Well-Known Member

1,512 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    That depends on the coach, IMO. But to the point of the article, I don't see how Jerry admitting Wade is in trouble would solve anything. Doesn't impact what happens. Ask Owens.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,766 Messages
    3,754 Likes Received
    Replacing Wade now, with any available coach, would be a disaster as far as the season is concerned. There's no way Jerry is going to write off 2010 at 1-3. Period. Nor should he. There's a lot of football left to be played.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas will not fire Phaillups until after the season...
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    what it does is clear out things you know wont work. Lets just be honest...Wade is not championship type HC...never has been never will. He has something like 9 years as HC and one playoff victory. Its like asking Rudy to be the star player on the team. Its unrealistic and huge waste of resources. Dallas needs new direction starting with Jerry backing out of GM position and allow new GM to hire an up and coming HC who can pick his OC/DC. The formula is simple.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How long have we been saying this?

It ain't gonna happen.

Let's not blame Wade for being Wade. To paraphrase a great philosopher, "he is who we thought he was".

He should never have been hired.

But hey, let's hear it for continuity.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,982 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

We sure won't be "crowning" him.
  9. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,238 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    for the record...i have been saying it for 3 years i think...thats how long Wade has been here? :eek::