1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Cowlishaw: Buehler thing 'a mistake from the start'; you don't have to be 'too...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 26, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Tim Cowlishaw

Columnist Tim Cowlishaw answered your sports questions in a chat Wednesday. Here are some highlights.

Cliff asks ... The Cowboys open the season at the Redskins, are at home to the Bears and at the Texans. Which will be the toughest test for them?

Tim Cowlishaw: Great question, Cliff. I think Texans will be toughest. That team beat Dallas, 19-10, when it had never played a game. Houston is going to break through and be a wild-card team at some point. I don't know what the Texans plan to do for a running game, and that's a big problem since (Steve) Slaton appears to be too much of a fumbler. But I like Dallas' chances to win the other two, not easily, but the Cowboys should win if they play. The Texans game will be a toss-up.

LINK to more Q&A
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    so let me get this straight. Did he just bring up the fact that the Texans beat the Cowboys in their first game ever? Did he fail to mention that was Parcells first year....Quincy was the QB....Dallas was rebuilding. And did he also FAIL to mention what happened to the TExans the next time we played them? Didn't we beat them by like 30? So why use a reference to a game 7 years ago as a reason why playing the Texans this year will be a tough matchup, especially when you have a more RECENT game to reference when we beat them by like 30?
  3. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    He referenced it because it shows how important the game is to the Texans. You bring up that he failed to mention Bill (although I thought that was campos last season), QC and so on, but they were an expansion team.

This will be the Texans superbowl and in state rivalry all rolled in to one. They will play hard.

Now does that mean they will win, no of course it does not mean it, but you can bet they will bring it harder for the game vs dallas than any other team.
  4. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I can't see how anyone could blame the Texans if they treat this as their biggest game in a long time. They are the a big time second class citizen to the Cowboys and this is their chance to punch them in the mouth. They must be pumped.
  5. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,658 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Playing against the Texans for us is like when we play the Redskins. They hate our guys waaaaaay more than our guys hate them. It's especially bad with the Texans because our guys don't care about them at all. At least with the skins we have the division rivalry, even if it means less to us than them.

If there has been one thing that I feel has cost the Cowboys games in the past 4 or 5 years, it's that our guys don't seem to get as fired up to play as the other teams. Last year once Brooking established himself as a leader it got better, so hopefully that will continue this year.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,806 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    before even a reg season kick, while having a very good preseason the guy is no good. No difference between Cows, whether herd or slaw.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    they will bring it harder against Indy than any other team.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    They will bring it hard against indy...however they will bring it harder against us as they are tired of being viewed of as the little brother nobody likes.

They are second fiddle in Texas and it eats them and their fans alive when they think about it.
  9. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,045 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Campo was the coach when we lost to the Texans'
  10. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Heck, you could argue they are second fiddle in their own back yard. When I lived in Corpus we used to visit Houston quite often. Seemed to be very little Texans gear sported outside of the City Proper and even in the city there was a lot of Cowboys gear being worn and displayed.
  11. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    What???

:laugh2:
  12. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    596 Likes Received
    sorry....I just refused to look it up...because again...how can he talk about how tough this will be for Dallas BECAUSE they beat us in there FIRST year....when we blew there doors off years later. We are a MUCH better team and oraganization than we were when they beat us...and it showed the last time we played them. Now granted they are better than they were back then as well...but referencing that game as a reason it will be tough for us to beat them is just stupid. Why couldn't he have said it will be tough for the Texans to beat Dallas, because Dallas beat them by 3+ TDs they last time the two teams played? My point is, the reason this will/will not be a tough game has NOTHING to do with what happened 7 years ago.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,045 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I agree .... was just clarifying ....
  14. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    fans yes, players not a chance in hell. It's about Indy
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,242 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    :rolleyes: M.I.C...see you later, K.E.Y...WHY, because you're C.O.W.L.I.S.H.A.W!:cool:
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,878 Messages
    7,609 Likes Received
    Yep. Because I remember thinking he got fired that day and was just playing out the 15 game string. What a horrible loss that was. Guh.
  17. ETex

ETex Member

722 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    That took me two reads to comprehend. :confused::laugh2:
  18. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Texans may very well beat the Cowboys this season, but if they do...it will have absolutely nothing to do with them winning their inaugural game against us.

Cowlishaw's logic (or lack thereof) is proof that anyone can be a sports writer.

Anyone.

:rolleyes:
  19. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,571 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    this Buehler experiment does seem like an unnecessary risk to me,,, then again they may be ready to go with plan B if he doesn't remove any doubts they have...
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,806 Messages
    1,673 Likes Received
    Oh come on guys I did not make it that hard to connect the dots.