1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: DMN: Dez Bryant catches heat for defending Tim Tebow on Twitter

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 10, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    BySportsDayDFW sports
    websports@dallasnews.com | Bio

12:25 AM on Tue., Jan. 10, 2012 | Permalink

The Pittsburgh Steelers weren't the only ones who got burned while trying to defend Tim Tebow on Sunday.

Apparently, Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant rubbed a few of his followers the wrong way when he took to Twitter to defend Tebow following Denver's 29-23 overtime win over the Steelers in the AFC playoffs.

After Tebow connected with Demaryius Thomas for an 80-yard, game-winning touchdown pass, Bryant took a shot at Tebow's critics.

"I wonder how all the people who criticize Tebow feel? #stupid lol," Bryant wrote.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/dez-bryant-catches-heat-for-de.html
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Way to go Dez. :bow:
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    I love it ...... Dez you are the man.
  4. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't have a problem with Dez defending Tebow. In this game Tebow was big part of Broncos upsetting Steelers. In other Tebow-led victory games, much of the credit should go to their awesome defense. My only annoyance re Tebow is all those wins are credited to him and the defense doesn't get anywhere near the credit it deservices. If Broncos played at the level our defense played this year, Tebow wouldn't have lasted as their starter more then a game.

Why of why is Romo's talent (along with Ware/Witten & others) wasted on such a bad defense and interior OL play?
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    True but then teams win not QB alone. The media has created this view but it takes a lot of guys going out and making plays for that QB to have success. Individual skills Tebow is still way off from being a polished QB but he clearly lays it on the line for his team and his teammate respect him for it.
  6. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Tebow looked and played like a true NFL QB last Sunday. Dez is right in his comments. The big knock on Tebow was that he could not be counted on to make throws consistently. He did just that on Sunday.

It is more than just making the throw, it is the read, the look offs, the pocket presence, the leadership- and he was great.

No way of saying that he can continue that level of play, but for this week, the people who rip and make negative comments, are silenced.
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,414 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    He Is getting heat for that???? Really?
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,045 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Yep. You've been expressing my views lately. I'm sure that's going to change soon. ;)
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,045 Messages
    940 Likes Received
    Another good post.

Also, what was wrong with what Dez said? I think Dez relates to Tebow because he has faced similar (not the same in degree) as Tebow. I think players who have been "unfairly" criticized have a certain bond because only they know how pressurized it is to compete under constant scrutiny.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Tim showed up big time against the Steelers.
  11. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,097 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Why is Dez on twitter instead of doing push ups and learning the playbook?
  12. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,950 Messages
    508 Likes Received
    Well he is a member of the Dallas Cowboys ;)
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,098 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    At least for this playoff trip, I'm chuckling at leadership differences between Denver and the now humbled Steelers.

Teebow showed heart...to this dogface, that says a ton. I don't care if he sells like a Mona Lisa.

As to 'tweeter,' that use to go with a bass and turntable.
  14. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    I really don't get why Dez is catching heat for what he said, absolutely nothing wrong with his tweets, none.
  15. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

:bow:
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,627 Messages
    2,173 Likes Received
    never done push-ups with one hand while 'tweeting' with the other huh?
  17. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,765 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    That is what amazes me sometimes about some people they think that players don't have a life outside of sports.

But that is how they are Scipio. :bow:
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People are really dumb nowadays.
  19. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,839 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    It's people who have agendas using it as an excuse .. Either it is people who hate the Cowboys, people are mad at Dez for not being a super star or simply people who hate Tebow. How do you know this? Simple .. no one else would care enough to whine about it.

#reality
  20. cowboystar55

cowboystar55 New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't HEARD of any negative comments about Dez's twitter comments. Has anyone posted any of them. The ONLY a-holes who are still whining about Tebow are the atheists and WHO cares about those 'class-less' acts anyway. It's time that real Americans take back this country from all of these stinkin hollywood smooching liberals who are trying to shove their immoral agenda down the main stream's throats via the federal courts, hollywood movies, and changing our education system with trash. Go Tebow and the Cowboys!!!:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: