1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dez Bryant has long talk with Jerry Jones: 'I had to calm myself down'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 24, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,855 Likes Received
    01:36 AM CDT on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

[SIZE=-1]By DAVID MOORE / The Dallas Morning News[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]dmoore@dallasnews.com [/SIZE]

Dez Bryant took the field Monday dressed in pants and a jersey. He knew he hadn't been cleared to practice. He just wanted to remember how it felt.

"I know I'll be practicing sooner or later," the Cowboys first-round pick said.

When? A return to practice hasn't been set. But Bryant has been ruled out of this week's game with Houston and it's unlikely he'll play against Miami, even though he will lobby to do so if he's made progress.

"I don't want to get into it, but I got into that today," said Bryant, who had a long talk with owner Jerry Jones. "I had to calm myself down.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...owboys/stories/082410dnspocowdez.2c6cc1a.html
  2. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I love that he's working hard and chomping at the bit!:D
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    A storm is about to be released on the NFL.
  4. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,348 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    I really can't wait to see this kid.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,855 Likes Received
    Funny you should say that... From his twitter acct

6. zrinkill

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received

This kid is gonna make the league pay for the way he was treated during the draft.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    It seems some of the knocks on him coming out of college are showing to be false in Dallas.
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,737 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I read some of the comments at the bottom and I just don't know why some people won't just embrace the guy. Should we temper our enthusiasm? Of course we should, but why not be happy that Dez Bryant has the potential to be really special? It's better than watching him develop for some other team. I'm glad he's ours.
  9. Doomsday101

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    I have the same expectation as Dez has for himself, why should anyone lower that expectation. When thinking about some of the other great players we have drafted I don't recall lowering our expectations out of these players why start now? :D
  10. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's the point of having ridiculous expectations based on nothing? How many of these people who are predicting him to be the top receiver in the league in his rookie season have even seen him play before? What are they even basing their opinions off of? If he doesn't put up Randy Moss numbers, are they going to blame Bryant, Garrett, Romo, Phillips, Jerry?

Why isn't it enough to hope that he has a good, productive season and puts together a couple of big plays that maybe help the Cowboys win a game or two?
  11. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Active Member

7,599 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    IMO, they were never even valid.

They were all a joke.
  12. Doomsday101

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    I'm not basing off nothing I had high expectation of Troy Aikman that did not mean I thought it would happen overnight but I knew from watching him at UCLA that he had what it took to make it in the NFL and With a guy like Dorsett I did not sit around going well I have no expectation I had high expectation for him and I have high expectation for Dez.

I have watched quite a bit of Dez in college and I believe in him. I don't care what your expectations are but I'm not lowering mine I believe in the kid and willing to show faith in him
  13. zrinkill

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    Whats the point in "tapping the breaks" as a fan?

We are not the coaching staff ...... we are not sports reporters ...... nothing is wrong with being excited about these young players.
  14. Doomsday101

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    Exactly, Dez does not know I have high expectations and frankly I think Dez own expectation of himself is greater than any expectation I have of him. I'm not embarrassed to show faith in players that I believe in.
  15. superonyx

superonyx Well-Known Member

1,650 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I agree. Be as excited as you want. We dont matter to the outcome. We like to feel like we have some inside part of our favorite teams. But reality sets in and all we are is wanna be athletes that love to watch and talk football.
    We are all better at coaching, calling plays, drafting, trades, ect than everyone in pro football. (if you dont believe me ask my fiance she has been listening to my sunday rants for 3 years now).:laugh2:

Get excited, buy a jersey, dress your kids in cowboys gear, buy one of them stupid giant foam fingers, yell out "how bout them cowboys" every chance you get. Its fun.

Its entertainment and if you keep from getting happy and excited then you are not enjoying it as much as you can.

But balance the lows. I've learned over the years. I used to be one of those guys that would be miserable sunday night and all monday at work or school if my team lost. No more. 10 minutes after a loss i am over it. Otherwise its just an unhealthy obsession.
  16. Doomsday101

75,324 Messages
    1,817 Likes Received
    I'm ok by Tuesday after a loss but I'm miserable until then. I'm willing to experience the lows and the highs take that away from me you take away the passion I have for the game. Then again we all are different people and deal with things differently
  17. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,322 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    People's personalities will dictate how they feel about players like Dez Bryant or Sean Lee, or whoever. If you want to hope he plays well enough to help Dallas win a couple of games like you said, then oh well. You can rationalize all you want.

But why can't others go full throttle with their opinions on Dez? Either way, it's all good! I just happen to be one of those who is full throttle. Ready to see this kid light it up.
  18. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,322 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    Guess I have an unhealthy obsession. My wife is not a Cowboys fan. Due to the fact she is a Steelers fan. :rolleyes: But she actually hopes the Cowboys win because she knows the foul mood I will be in for a couple of days. It is what it is. That's why we are called die-hard fans.
  19. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,815 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    I wish I could say I didn't get upset and didn't punch holes in my wall, and destroy everything
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,141 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    I really don't think there is a better way to put it.

I think he's going to turn heads on his very first snap.