1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dez Bryant: I should’ve scored on fourth quarter punt return

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,518 Messages
    3,343 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    6:42 pm on September 23, 2012 | Permalink

ARLINGTON — The Cowboys were looking for some breathing room late in the fourth quarter and Dez Bryant provided the big play.

With Tampa Bay backed up to its one-yard line, Bryant received a punt near midfield, broke toward the Cowboys sideline and found a hole. The third-year receiver then cut it up field and looked like he might go the distance. He was eventually tackled at the six-yard line. The Cowboys settled for a field goal that extended their lead to 16-7.

“I was feeling it,” Bryant said of the 44-yard return. “I was like, ‘Man, something big needs to happen.’ The other 10 guys did their part. I hit the corner and I seen the cutback and I hit it. I didn’t capitalize on it by scoring. I should have. I should’ve stayed to the outside.”

Could that punt return spark Bryant? That remains to be seen. But Bryant, who finished with six catches for 62 yards, says he doesn’t change the way he plays throughout the game. Whether it’s the first quarter or the fourth, he says he carries the same mentality.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ve-scored-on-fourth-quarter-punt-return.html/
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,330 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    I seen it, too.
  3. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hell I'd throw at Dez 10 times a game if every one in his beastly mode we be unstopable
  4. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,798 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Yes, Dez, you should have.

Sincerely,
    A guy who has you on his fantasy football team
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Man Dez Bryant needs the ball thrown his way, he is a beast.
  6. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I still don't understand people say Miles is the number 1 when Talib was on Dez all day but whatever.