1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dez Bryant says there’s ‘no excuse’ for three drops vs. Bears

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,182 Messages
    5,735 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    1:03 am on October 2, 2012 | Permalink

Bryant, who said there was no excuse for his three dropped passes, was one of the last players to exit the locker room, still sitting in his game pants after the majority of the team had already showered and departed.

“I know what kind of team we are,” Bryant said. “We’re a great team. We’re a family and we play good football. Tonight, it was just unfortunate for us. They were the better team. They came out and played and came out with the W.”

Bryant added: “I feel like we’re mentally tough and we’re going to get through it. We’re going to get ready for Baltimore.”

Bryant finished with eight receptions for 105 yards, his second 100-yard receiving game of his professional career.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...eres-no-excuse-for-three-drops-vs-bears.html/
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,843 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    How many more "No excuses" games is he going to have this year???
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Darn that Dez Bryant! Taking responsibility and being all reasonable and actually caring about wins and losses instead of showering up and getting the heck outta there like everybody else.

WHAT A CANCER!
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    It's funny because Dez is probably the most energetic person on our team. He's always trying to pump up the team on the sidelines.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    According to some, that's just him acting like a toddler.

Of course, they are the same ones who will complain that we dont play hard enough or that JG should show more emotion on the sidelines.

You can't win with some people.
  6. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

960 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,816 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    While some people would like to take away from the game that Dez Bryant sucks (I myself was guilty on the zone chat during the game), he really was on fire if you think about it. The guy was getting open all game and beating Tillman consistently. Unfortunately his drops were all at inopportune times and for that he's going to have to improve on.
  8. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,259 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received

As many as it takes....when he has 8 catches, 150 yards, 3 TD's...no drops.....and he says..no excuses, I can do better.....I bet people will complain, that he actually didn't do better....
  9. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,675 Messages
    198 Likes Received

Darn I missed it, what were his excuses? Sounds like he's taking responsibility as a stand up person should. I didn't hear any excuses.
  10. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,411 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Saying no excuses means absolutely nothing if he promptly drops three or four more balls the next game and says no excuses again.:D
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Well then lets hope he doesn't.. but such has been the problem of this team.

JG, Romo, the entire organization.

"We know we have to do better.. there are no excuses."

Next game, next season.. same poop.

Consistently inconsistent.. that is the description of the modern day Cowboys.

Its a sad time right now.
  12. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,080 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Nor running the wrong routes...
  13. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

808 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I like Dez, and was all for the boys drafting him. But he needs to focus more in the game and his assignments. He did get 105 yards but he could have had 200. He is going to drop some, but the mental errors are hurting the team, causing ints and more grief for Romo. He should be Romo's #1 guy, and I don't think Romo trusts him as such.

Its good for him to take responsibility not just vocally, but mentally and physically. Actions speak louder than words, so they say.
  14. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,683 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    Ummm..

No, they weren't the better team.

YOUR team came out and stunk up their own house. Spilling mediocrity everywhere.

The Bears did nothing that couldn't of been overcome if your TEAM would pull their heads out.
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,904 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    The drops barely bother me. Dez is not a drop guy.

The continued miscommunications kill us. Romo can't trust him to be where he needs to be. That's why he does so little late in games, because Romo is afraid to throw it his way at crunch time.
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,647 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    I also fear that the misfortunes of these INT's may have settled into Tony's brain from this point forward. He may not be the same QB the rest of the season unless our running game shows up. I'm afraid he may become gun shy.