1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dez: Cowboys respect what franchise did in 90s, 'but we want to make a path...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 25, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,662 Messages
    4,794 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio

5:47 PM on Mon., Oct. 24, 2011 | Permalin

While team members were excited about their teammate breaking the record, they also made sure to keep things in perspective.

Dez Bryant, who has been compared to Michael Irvin, said the team is not thinking about any comparisons to the Cowboys teams that won three Super Bowls in the 1990s.

"We respect what the 90's (teams) did," Bryant said. "Great team. Much respect to all of them. They're still great and forever will be great. But we want to make a path of our own. I feel like if we continue to keep playing the way we did, we'll get there someday, hopefully."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/dez-bryant-cowboys-respect-wha.html
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,838 Messages
    5,557 Likes Received
    When will Dez learn to just shut his mouth and focus on improving his game?
  3. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    i've got no problem with him saying this. Dude is hungry for it. and he made some improvements. not a complete makeover, but improvements. and he will continue to progress.
  4. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    this.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,918 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    Dez said all the right things in that interview.

Glad the kid is learning.
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    This is sarcasm, right?
  7. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dez always says the right things.........

I just hop he continues to work hard.....go to meetings on time and learns to run proper routes
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,065 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    I think what Dez said was perfect. What did he say that was so wrong that you'd want him to just shut his mouth, Idgit?
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,284 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    What did he say that was wrong?

This team is not the 90's Cowboys they have to find their own way and make a name for themselves just as the 90's Cowboys did.

The 90's teams they were not like the 80's or the 70's Cowboy teams they built their own identity and this group will have to do the same