1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Dez listed as questionable

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by newlander, Sep 16, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  2. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,460 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Well, he hasn't practiced so it makes sense. At long as he isn't doubtful, I won't worry. It's common to go from questionable to probable, so let's hope for the best.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    true, not listed as out or doubtful.
  4. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    If Dez is out, hopefully O-Tree and Harris can step it up and have a great game.
  5. shockandroll

shockandroll New Member

1,632 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think we can get it done just fine with the rest of our offense against the 49ers, as long as the defense keeps improving and we get all our punts to go at least 20 yards in the correct direction.
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,252 Messages
    2,452 Likes Received
    I predict this is a bit of gamesmanship on the part of Jerry.

Instill some hope in the 49ers defense that it won't have to face Dez, and then -- boom! -- start him at the last second and crush their spirits.
  7. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    ...kid hasn't practiced all week so I doubt it. We win this game by 10 pts if he's healthy, if not......dog fight cause Miles will get doubled.
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,252 Messages
    2,452 Likes Received
    Trust me here. On the first offensive snap of the game for the Cowboys, Dez will catch a pass and break it for a long TD.

As he's running, the camera will move in for a close up and start shaking violently for some inexplicable reason. Then, a DMX song will start playing from nowhere as Dez glides all the way to the end zone.
  9. 5XCowboys

5XCowboys New Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sick and Tired of this guy getting hurt...be a man dude not a bust!
  10. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I think he will start for sure. I am just not convinced he is better then our other options unless he's pretty much ready to go. He was shutdown last game after he got hurt.

When he is close to 100 percent he is great. If he is no better then he was after he was injured last game then lets get someone healthy in there.

Tex
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    Dez..."be a man"?
    I wonder how many seconds it would take him to turn you into ground chuck.
    Jeez
    Dez is beastly.
  12. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    Football is a an easy game to play from your living room.

:laugh2:
  13. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  14. 5XCowboys

5XCowboys New Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ask freaking Deacon Jones...that fool played hurt or HHHHHHEEEEEYYYYY LETS ASK Mike Jenkins he has more balls than Dez...Mike was a warrior on Monday!

@DFWJC he cant turn me in into ground chuck hes hurt REMEMBER!
    LOFL!

:laugh2: :lmao: :lmao2: :war: :abuseme: :blind: :violin: :tongue: :bounce: :rake: :yourock: :worthy2: :clap2: :clap: :moon: :hammock: :49ers: :espn: :busty: :madden: :facepalm:
  15. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
  16. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think you overestimate the effect on their spirits.
  17. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    Yes they do play injured and right now Dez is not out of the game. There are some injuries no matter how tough you think you are you will not be able to play. Jenkins did play I commend him but leading up to that game many fans around here were hounding him because of injuries. Easy to sit there and holler about a guy playing since your not the one having to do the job
  18. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    I remember when I had my first beer.
  19. 5XCowboys

5XCowboys New Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True.

Wasn't Mike Sherrard a promising WR and kept getting hurt:

In the 1986 NFL Draft, he became only the second wide receiver ever drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round (Dennis Homan was the first one in the 1968 NFL Draft). Sherrard started what seemed to be a very promising NFL career, by having 41 receptions for 744 yards and leading the team with 5 touchdowns. His totals rank fourth for most receptions, second for most receiving yards, and is tied for fourth for most touchdowns by a rookie in Cowboys' franchise history.

In 1987 he came into training camp as the Cowboys best receiver, but was lost for the year when he was tripped by a defender during a scrimmage and shattered two bones (the tibia and fibula) in his right leg.

He also missed the 1988 season, when he rebroke his right leg tibia and also the shin bone, while jogging on a Santa Monica beach as part of his rehab treatment.

I hope Dez isn't our Sherrard...if he is we are screwed...we Have Miles but still...ssum***** if that happens!
  20. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hopefully it took more than the first one to reach this level.