1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Drew Pearson on Dez Bryant's latest situation: 'You got to be bigger than that'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 24, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 23 March 2011 10:27 PM

Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Drew Pearson was interviewed on KESN-FM on Wednesday to discuss Dez Bryant and his incident at Northpark Mall. Here are some highlights:

Dez Bryant has only had small incidents but they keep on piling up. What are your thoughts on his latest incident at the mall?
    The first thing I think, as you said, the incidents keep piling up. The first thing I said, “Oh no, here we go again.” And then you read about what it is and you say, “Wow, that’s pretty trivial, pretty petty.” It’s something that could have been handled a little differently – maybe by Dez, maybe by the mall security – to not make this the issue that it has turned out to be.

And my question with Dez is somebody confronts you and your friends, you got to be bigger than that. I know you want to say something and I know that’s sometimes your nature to fight back, especially being a football player. But sometimes, you got to be bigger than that and walk away from things and let things go. There’s obviously a problem with mall security and you – meaning Dez – at the mall, so why do you even venture out to that mall in the first place? Why give them your money when they’re going to try and make life miserable for you?

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...situation-you-got-to-be-bigger-than-that_.ece

To listen to the interview, click here.