1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Ex-Cowboys WR Drew Pearson: Terrance Williams doesn't want it enough; Dwayne Harris...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 17, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

32,220 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Former Cowboys All-Pro receiver Drew Pearson recently joined Smoaky on 1660AM. Here are some highlights:

On Terrance Williams:

“He has to act like he wants it. To me, he doesn’t act like he wants it bad enough. This is the NFL. If they stick you in there, you have to be ready. When they call your number on a key third down situation in the red zone, you have to be ready to make that play. You should be so excited that they’re even calling your number in that kind of situation. To me, it doesn’t look like he’s into it enough. I’m even thinking Dwayne Harris should be in there instead of him at this point, until he gets up to speed on what’s going on, learning his assignments, learning where he needs to be and eventually gaining that trust. A lot of times, you don’t do it in game situations. You have to show them at practice. You have to show them in those meetings that you’re focused and your intent is to get better, to improve, learn the offense the best you can. Once that happens, once you learn the offense and become familiar with the defense that they’re throwing at you and recognize those things, now your talent and abilities take over.”

On the Cowboys’ offense:

Continue reading...
  2. cujo

cujo Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Uh, we're 2 games into his rookie season. I think I'll reserve judgment until I've seen a bit more. I'm sure a lot of it is being tentative and unsure. Look how long it took Dez to get it.
  3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Drew has been away from the game a long time, and cannot judge Terrance Williams on 2 games.
  4. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Drew Pearson should more than likely be one who's able to sense such things but there's also the possiblity that young Terrance just doesn't yet have the necessary experience nor the needed confidence yet to "let it all hang out" with his emotions. When you're a rookie and barely able to grasp what you're supposed to do on many given plays, the comfort level isn't what it's likely to become once it becomes second nature. Perhaps Drew is being just a little bit premature in his judgment of Williams. Why not give the kid a chance to get on solid footing before concluding he's not "into it?"

Having said that, there's still a case to be made for Harris to be given additional reps in the passing game. He's proven himself valuable in that regard in the past. As long as he doesn't continue to invite penalties as he occasionally has, perhaps utilizing his talents more would be helpful.
  5. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Let's wait to see what the other 88 says, I want to be like Mike.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    I just don't see Harris being effective as a wideout. He's more of a slot, gimmick guy.
  7. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    See how Williams is doing at the end of the year.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Drew Pearsons comments on players is a joke.

Sounds bitter and jealous.
    dallasdave likes this.
  9. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Drew does always sound bitter and unhappy.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,442 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I respect Drew's opinion. He has played the game.
    Why would he be jealous? What does he have to be jealous of?
    He's gone further than any of these current Cowboy players have.
    visionary likes this.
  11. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Any claim that Miles Austin is a #1 receiver is made wearing royal blue and metallic silver tinted goggles.

This whole offense is terribly slow, and that's why they're trying to force the ball to Williams.

Lance Dunbar needs to hold onto the football, and even if he has problems the team needs to show confidence in him because he's the only quickness this team has in crowded spaces. They run Murray way too much and their other backs get cold.
  12. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Hey , I watched Drew back in the 70"s and he was a good receiver, but I feel the 3rd best to wear 88. I know Mike Irvin was a better receiver, and Dez has more talent and more physical ability than Drew. Hold on dude(before you say) Drew is proven and Dez is still young, I know that, and Dez has a way to go before he say he is one of the all time greats. But if Dez can stay away from getting in trouble and major injury I feel he will a better receiver than Drew.
  13. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,213 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Drew Pearson's first two games, 1 rec 15yards.
  14. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I see where your coming from, but the guy loves this team. Just like many of our fans are overly critical of players, I think it's ok for him to vent. Especially about guy who plays his position. I know we can all see his emotionless face during games (Williams). Is it wrong to assume he does not want it more than Harris?
  15. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Terrance Williams is doing ok for a rookie.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,872 Messages
    4,441 Likes Received
    yes he does at times a little too often for me but he's right here IMO. They should work TW into the mix and Harris deserves his snaps.
  17. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,043 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    /thread

Drew did not want it bad enough
  18. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Terrance Williams will get better with experience, he has a lot of talent and big upside.
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You should research his comments on Dez from the past couple years..

I respected him as a player.. he needs to shut his yapper though.
    dallasdave likes this.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I think that's your opinion that is by no means backed up by the majority.