1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Ex-Cowboys WR Drew Pearson: Terrance Williams doesn't want it enough; Dwayne Harris...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 17, 2013.

1. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,519 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    You are right, Drew was all over DEZ too, shows Drew is a poor judge of talent.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    I don't think its that he's a poor judge of talent.. im sure he knew that Dez was ultra talented.. its just that he rips on these guys so over the top when they're just young players still learning the game.

I'm just waiting for him to come on the radio and say "your welcome" to Dez for giving him the tough love and making him into the player he is today. lol
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received

He is just rediculous and wrong a lot of times with his comments.

I hear him on the radio and I just role my eye's at most of the garbage he spits out. He's just trying to get attention.
  4. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Yup.

Side note: Williams had a nice block on Janoris Jenkins on that long run by Murray in the first quarter. Could have helped him to a TD if Murray had set up the block correctly. Downfield blocks like that doesn't strike me like something a guy who "doesn't want it" would care to do.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received

I've never looked at Williams and thought he doesn't want it. All reports have said the guy is harder on himself than anyone.

The problem with Williams is that he is shockingly raw.

I never would've thought that guy could produce like he did in college and look like he's never been coached on how to play the position.
  6. gambit187

gambit187 Active Member

667 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    He seems very shy....like the type of guy that likes to play football, but wants to keep to himself.....he may yet blossom
  7. dallasdave

2,519 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Well said.
  8. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Active Member

992 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Counter my opinion with your own, will ya?
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Umm.. no one else sees T Will's "i don't care" face on the field?

I thought that went without saying.
  10. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Active Member

992 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Well for starters Drew seems to be able to see it. You had an argument when you said the majority might disagree but then you went and said no one.
    All I'm saying is I don't think he wants it enough right now. I didn't say he didn't care I said his face on the bench after a series is emotionless.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    As a Cowboy fan, I am (of course) pulling for T Williams big time.
    But I do wish he was a bit faster and had better hands, as I think the goal was to find someone that could take the top off a defense.

I've never thought that this was an either/or thing anyway. Terrance Williams and Dwayne Harris or different players and should both have a place on the team long term.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,589 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Bull
  13. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

2,954 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Drew became irrelevant when he said, after the 1989 draft, that we should've taken Mandarich instead of Aikman. And, that he'd trade any player currently on the roster, except Herschel Walker, for Mandarich. Haven't listened to him since.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,580 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    As is the same with most players.

Do you think everyone on the sideline is up and jumping around and rah rah'ing the entire game?

I don't think Drew is basing his opinion on anything to do with his facial expressions lol.
  15. dallasdave

2,519 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Wow, that was good advice. Now I see why Drew is not coaching or scouting.:eek:
  16. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

6,979 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Unlike Twilliams Pearson everything he received. Pearson understands hard work and hunger.
  17. dallasdave

2,519 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    This is really bad advice.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,862 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    That's fine and daddy. ButI don't see how that relates to my point.
  19. tyke1doe

18,862 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    First, the gist of his comments about Dez is that he needs to dedicate himself to the game and stay out of trouble and off-field distractions. Guess what? Drew is right.

Second, Drew is a commenator. His job is to give commentary about the Cowboys. Why should he shut his yapper? Should those who praise the Cowboys but who are proven wrong year after year shut their yappers too?
  20. tyke1doe

18,862 Messages
    383 Likes Received

For what it's worth, Drew wasn't the only one who had a high opinion of Mandarich. In fact, Jimmy Johnson wanted Mandarich and would have taken him if Aikman wasn't there. But the Cowboys desperately needed a quarterback.

And, truth be told, if the standard is that one must be TOTALLY accurate in one's assessment of a player, then we would have stopped listening to Jerry Jones a long time ago - not to mention every NFL scout, talent evaluator and coach because in every draft someone gets taken over a better player. Shrug.