1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Fightin' words from Philly: Writer takes shots at Jerry, the star & Landry's hat

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 26, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    FRANK FITZPATRICK
    Philadelphia Inquirer
    Published: 25 October 2011 11:49 PM

PHILADELPHIA — It’s nice that the Eagles and Cowboys typically play on Sundays. That way, if I want to light a votive candle and pray that Miles Austin develops scurvy, I don’t have to make a special trip to church.

Wish I understood my Cowboys aversion. All I know is that as a real Philadelphian, they inspire the same kind of animus as Super Pretzels. And for exactly the same reason: They’re both tasteless.

People often ask me why I dislike the Cowboys so. As Elizabeth Barrett Browning, a Dallas cheerleader until pantaloons above the ankle prompted her resignation, once wrote, let me count the ways:

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...akes-shots-at-jerry-the-star-landry-s-hat.ece
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Stay classy, Philadelphia.

You can take shots at Romo and Jerry; most of us are used to that by now, but taking a shot at Coach Landry, a man who defined class and greatness, is disgusting and unwarranted.
  3. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,415 Messages
    777 Likes Received
    This was the most pointless article I've read in a very long time. I was all set to enjoy some good smack talk from the other side but this is just idiotic.
  4. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,272 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Hard to believe this person gets paid to write such drivel.
  5. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We found someone in the media that is actually worse than Steve Dennis. :D
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not even from Dallas and I'm mad I read that garbage...

All I can say is:

:eagles:
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    [youtube]uOW9oYaSQdg[/youtube]
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,946 Messages
    1,390 Likes Received
    This shouldn't surprise anyone. This is typical, moronic, stupid, Philly crap.

This is just another reason, in a LONG list of reasons, why that franchise and it's city are complete garbage.

Which apparently they're all very happy to be the part of a garbage image who doesn't win squat. So let them be happy with being garbage.
  9. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,746 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Ah, the City of Brotherly Shove. This guy fits right in with the sewer rats that are typically known as Eagles fans.
  10. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    This is why I hate Eagle fan because they are so jealous and hate on the Cowboys every chance they get. Here is to continued lack of Super Bowl trophies Eagle Fan. I love it how they brag about how much 'success' they had in the McNabb era like it was a benchmark for success. They had some embarrassing collapses during that little run they had and made it to 1 Super Bowl out of all that. I will always be rooting against them.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    This kind of stuff doesn't even resonate with our players. You know why?

They're too busy getting ready to C R U S H these bums on Sunday night.

I hope Mike Vick is ready to whine to the media about getting hit. Because he's going to get hit. Hard. And a lot.

**** the :eagles: !!!
  12. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that. Pure crap. Every word of it. Typical though.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    What does the name of the city the stadium is located in have to do with anything?

I realize this is just a writer looking to fill space and generate some buzz but does this guy really feel this way? Surely there is no way that he honestly believes this stuff.

Irving? I love the way he emasculates the name. As if there has never been an Eagle player with the name Irving..........paging, Mr. Fryar.

I'm 100% convinced this guy doesn't actually believe that crap.

There's no way anyone with a functioning brain stem would point out the off-field shortcomings of say..............Michael Irvin.......when Michael Vick's multiple convictions and vacation in Leavenworth piss on anything Irvin ever did.

And Landry with the hat? Yes, he used it to cover a bald spot. Similar to the way Andy Reid uses those layers of fat to cover his disgusting parasitic twin.

[IMG]
  14. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    By halftime Vick will think he is a tackling dummy instead of a qb. :)
  15. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    You know what would stoke fan and player interest? Take little ball of hate and Gallaway in a tag team match against a pair of Philadelphia media crap tossers.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    I'll betcha the Philthy fans ate this up, which is exactly why it was conceived to begin with. It's classless trash written by a classless writer to pleasure and amuse a classless public. It's a little taste of Philly through and through.

Evidently, Washington isn't the only place with a Dallas Cowboys OCD affliction. They're sick. Gotta love it.
  17. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,729 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    :bow:
  18. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Maybe the Cowboys can bring one or two of their several SB trophies with them Sunday and let this guy actually see one in person.

Of course, he wouldn't be allowed to actually touch it though. Bad Karma doesn't wash off easily.
    :suxiggle: