1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Fraley: Cowboys defense ready to 'man up' against gritty Titans

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Oct 7, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,998 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    Fraley: Cowboys defense ready to 'man up' against gritty Titans

12:52 AM CDT on Thursday, October 7, 2010
    COLUMN By GERRY FRALEY / The Dallas Morning News
    gfraley@dallasnews.com

Column by GERRY FRALEY / The Dallas Morning News | gfraley@dallasnews.com

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ys/stories/100710dnspocowinsider.2562950.html

IRVING – There are four NFL teams that have used the run more than the pass. The Cowboys take on one of those earth-bound clubs Sunday when they face Tennessee.

Defensive ends Igor Olshansky and Marcus Spears could not ask for anything more.

"I'm excited by the opportunity," Spears said. "Man up and see how good you are."

Said Olshanksy: "I definitely like this kind of game."

When the Cowboys face teams that primarily throw the football, Olshansky and Spears often come out of the game on passing downs in favor of Stephen Bowen and Jason Hatcher, who are better equipped to pressure the quarterback.

The substitutions will be less frequent against Tennessee. Stopping the run will be the name of the game for the Cowboys...
  2. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

3,039 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Stop talking already! Should've stopped Arian Foster from sticking his foot up your behinds.
  3. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,897 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Tell the opposition the game plan. Don't like the feeling I'm having here.
  4. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,742 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    What are they really telling the Titans, that the Titans haven't seen or heard already.

Mike Heimerdinger is no dufus as a OC, so he will have a few surprises for the Cowboys D I'm sure of that so the Cowboys has to be ready for that

Every defense know that Chris Johnson is what makes the Titan offense go so if Heimerdinger and Co., wants to flip the script and let Young pass the ball at will then that plays right into the Cowboys hands.

That is why Foster had over 100 yds is because Kubiak flipped the script as well knowing the Cowboys wanted to tee off on Shaub in which they did to the tune of 4 sacks and we know also that the Texans have a superior pass offense to that of the Titans.

I can guarantee that the Titans were watching the Bears tape and don't be surprised if they have Young taking the short drops and getting the ball out quick to negate the pass and Young, is also a threat to run as well and they do run that option offense the Cowboys D have their work cut out for them that's for sure.
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,663 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Yeah, and all that proved was nothing. Games like that happen. It has happened a handful of times to the glorious Steelers during their last two Super Bowl runs. It happens.

Foster is a good back. But in the end, all that matters is who has the most points when the clock hits zero in the 4th quarter. Little good came out of what Foster did in that game. Time to move on!
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,655 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    "Heimerdinger" sure sounds like a synonym for dufus. :D
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,629 Messages
    6,393 Likes Received
    Now you're complaining about a game we won where we held the team to two field goals while the outcome was in question? Seriously, stop posting if you can't think of anything smart to post.