1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Fraley: Extra weight Felix Jones added is more of a hindrance than a help

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Fraley: Extra weight Felix Jones added is more of a hindrance than a help

SportsDayDFW.com writer Gerry Fraley chatted with fans on Friday and answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys as they prepare to play the Indianapolis Colts. Here are some highlights:

If Jason Garrett is a good coach why on earth is Alan Ball starting? Can Barry Church do much worse in pass coverage?

Church is more of a strong-safety type and plays the run well. Not sure if he is a center-fielder type who could play free safety. Sendejo, the UFL pickup, is more of a free safety. I'm interested to see him at work. I know the UFL is a cut well below the NFL, but he made a lot of plays in that league.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/fraley-extra-weight-felix-jone.html
  2. Donny Phoenix

Donny Phoenix Active Member

142 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I think there's merit to this. To take it a step further, I think Barber is the one who shouldve bulked up and be allowed to bulldoze LBs as he did early in his career before everyone started crying about him needing to avoid taking so many hits. Performance is how you extend your career, not shying away from hits and running out of bounds. Put about 5-10 lbs of lean muscle back on Barber, do some speed training, and let him do his thing. Keep Felix lean, quick, and fast. Barber runs thru and over ppl, felix runs away from ppl. This is who they are. Each of our RBs is trying to be more like the other one. If they just stay in their respective lanes, and do what they do, we should be better off for it.

Oh yeah... and that O-line.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Felix supposedly lost the weight several weeks ago anyway. Way to pay attention, Fraley.
  4. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    So Felix barely got the ball early in the season and our OL is probably the worst in the league. Yup drop the bum.
  5. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Not sure I agree with Sendejo being better suited to FS. He looks like a SS to me.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Felix Jones looks just fine to me... Just get the guy the ball!