1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Fraley: Rob Ryan might not have been Jason Garrett's first choice for DC

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 27 February 2011 03:39 PM

Related items SportsDay writer Gerry Fraley chatted with fans on Monday and answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights:

What are your thoughts on Jason Garrett and his job in picking out the new coaches for the Cowboys?

Garrett gets credit for being aggressive. The most significant point is that he picked the coaches rather than have them forced upon him by Jerry Jones. The previous arrangement was dysfunctional.

Rob Ryan is the most prominent addition, but let's keep in mind that the Cowboys talked to Greg Munansky (San Diego ) and Vic Fangio (San Francisco) before getting to Ryan. I'm not sure he was Garrett's first choice.

Jimmy Robinson could have the biggest impact of the new hires. By dumping Ray Sherman so quickly, Garrett made it clear that he did not like the progress of the wide receivers. You can narrow that down to he did not like the progress of Dez Bryant. Robinson can fix that situation.

Read the blog: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-been-jason-garrett_s-first-choice-for-dc.ece

To read the rest of the chat, click here.
  2. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

344 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I might be wrong, but I think Ryan was not available at the time he started DC interviews. He was available a bit later.
  3. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wouldn't have thought Garrett expected Dez to be further along then what Dez showed us. Interesting. Just imagine how much Dez will be if he meets Garrett's expectations. Sounds like Robinson is more demanding of his WRs.
  4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Rumors were that Dez made little effort to learn the playbook and he only knew how to run 2 or 3 routes without being told. Rumors are rumors , so take that for what it is worth.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,491 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    Garrett didn't offer those guys the job. He made his choice and the guy he offered it to said yes.
  6. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

344 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Garrett didn't offer those guys the job. He made his choice and the guy he offered it to said yes.

Nice Hos! My thoughts exactly. I am excited with Garrett's decision.
  7. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    :thumbup:
  8. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,440 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    "OMN: J. Bombast: Rob Ryan might have been Jason Garrett's first choice for DC"

(OMN = Obvious Morning News)
  9. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fraley is a jackuknowwhat
  10. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do we know that no offers were made? Both Manusky and Fangio were hired by their respective teams on Jan 14, which is the Friday that Rob Ryan interviewed. They may have had offers on the table that they turned down.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,405 Messages
    2,117 Likes Received
    No, you're wrong Hos.

Clearly, the first guy that is ever interviewed for a job is the guy at the top of the list.

Fraley says so.
  12. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

517 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    His first choice was Coach K.