1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DMN: Fraley: Rob Ryan might not have been Jason Garrett's first choice for DC

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,874 Messages
    14,642 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 27 February 2011 03:39 PM

Related items SportsDay writer Gerry Fraley chatted with fans on Monday and answered questions about the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights:

What are your thoughts on Jason Garrett and his job in picking out the new coaches for the Cowboys?

Garrett gets credit for being aggressive. The most significant point is that he picked the coaches rather than have them forced upon him by Jerry Jones. The previous arrangement was dysfunctional.

Rob Ryan is the most prominent addition, but let's keep in mind that the Cowboys talked to Greg Munansky (San Diego ) and Vic Fangio (San Francisco) before getting to Ryan. I'm not sure he was Garrett's first choice.

Jimmy Robinson could have the biggest impact of the new hires. By dumping Ray Sherman so quickly, Garrett made it clear that he did not like the progress of the wide receivers. You can narrow that down to he did not like the progress of Dez Bryant. Robinson can fix that situation.

Read the blog: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-been-jason-garrett_s-first-choice-for-dc.ece

To read the rest of the chat, click here.

2. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

492 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    I might be wrong, but I think Ryan was not available at the time he started DC interviews. He was available a bit later.

3. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wouldn't have thought Garrett expected Dez to be further along then what Dez showed us. Interesting. Just imagine how much Dez will be if he meets Garrett's expectations. Sounds like Robinson is more demanding of his WRs.

4. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

8,566 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Rumors were that Dez made little effort to learn the playbook and he only knew how to run 2 or 3 routes without being told. Rumors are rumors , so take that for what it is worth.

5. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,451 Messages
    3,849 Likes Received
    Garrett didn't offer those guys the job. He made his choice and the guy he offered it to said yes.

6. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

492 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Garrett didn't offer those guys the job. He made his choice and the guy he offered it to said yes.

Nice Hos! My thoughts exactly. I am excited with Garrett's decision.

7. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

8,121 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    :thumbup:

8. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,638 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    "OMN: J. Bombast: Rob Ryan might have been Jason Garrett's first choice for DC"

(OMN = Obvious Morning News)

9. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fraley is a jackuknowwhat

10. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do we know that no offers were made? Both Manusky and Fangio were hired by their respective teams on Jan 14, which is the Friday that Rob Ryan interviewed. They may have had offers on the table that they turned down.

11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

34,652 Messages
    3,988 Likes Received
    No, you're wrong Hos.

Clearly, the first guy that is ever interviewed for a job is the guy at the top of the list.

Fraley says so.

12. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Well-Known Member

778 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    His first choice was Coach K.