News: DMN:How much of an impact can strength coach Mike Woicik make? Former Cowboys.....

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Arch Stanton, May 16, 2011.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How much of an impact can strength coach Mike Woicik make? Former Cowboys Emmitt, 'Moose' explain

By Rainer Sabin / Reporter | Bio
    9:37 PM on Sun., May. 15, 2011 | Permalink

The tone could have already been set, the expectations established and the foundation laid. But, alas, the lockout happened and everything was put on hold.

For the Cowboys' management, perhaps the greatest lament caused by the NFL's ongoing labor dispute concerns the team's inability to work out this offseason under the supervision of strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik.

Woicik, who spent the last 11 seasons serving in a similar capacity with the New England Patriots , was rehired in February by the franchise where he earned three of his six Super Bowl rings.

From 1990-1996, Woicik worked behind the scenes in Dallas, making few headlines. But in the eyes of the players who received all the glory, Woicik deserves some credit for the contributions he made toward the Cowboys' last dynasty.

Read more:
  2. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,599 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Great pickup by the team this year, I really love this quote...

"I think he's one of the big secrets of the offseason," Johnston said. "They'll be bigger. They'll be faster. They'll be stronger. There will be less injuries. I think it's a huge move. And nobody is going to talk about it much. Only two teams have won three Super Bowls in four years and he was the strength coach for both of them. And I don't think that is by coincidence."
  3. laythewood28

laythewood28 Active Member

1,579 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Too bad he won't be able to do anything until next season.:mad:
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,228 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    Why did the Pats let him go?
  5. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    His contract was up and I'm sure Jerry made him a very handsome offer.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,377 Likes Received
    anyone expecting huge advances will be bitterly disapointed. JJ is not as good- but the difference is like from Pro Bowl to All Pro. Better but not worlds better. Anyone expecting miracles needs to put down the crack pipe.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,647 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Yet the guy who you are saying is a positive influence on young guys in another thread is the one who ran this guy off.

I wish I could ask Moose to explain that.