1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: How the Cowboys learned they lost one of their own

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,833 Likes Received
    By David Moore / Reporter
    DavidMooreDMN@gmail.com
    7:14 pm on December 8, 2012 | Permalink

CINCINNATI — One of the most painful messages in the franchise’s long history was delivered in the sterile, cramped environment of the team’s charter Saturday afternoon.

The Cowboys had lost one of their own, and another sat in jail on suspicion of intoxication manslaughter.

Linebacker Jerry Brown Jr., a recent addition to the team’s practice squad, was dead. His close friend and roommate, nose tackle Josh Brent, had been at the wheel.

Never before have the Cowboys tragically lost a teammate at the hands of another within 48 hours of kickoff.

A day unlike any other in club history began early Saturday morning when Brent, returning from a nightclub where he and Brown reportedly had partied with other teammates, clipped a curb with his Mercedes, which hurtled roughly 900 feet and came to rest upside down in the middle of the road.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/how-the-cowboys-learned-they-lost-one-of-their-own.html/
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........what a SHOCK....this team is so full of guys that simply don't care and arent' professional enough to win. SO full of them IMO.
  3. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,069 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Dude??!?
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know. Nothing surprises me anymore from our own fans.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,771 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    I thought he was being sarcastic...

This is a solid write up about the incident. I never heard about Brent trying to pull him from the burning car until now. Crazy.

9 times out of 10 I'd say the guy needs to be cut, but for some reason, I feel different about this one. I couldn't tell you why. It just seems like quitting on Brent now, doesn't make sense from both a personal and a football perspective.
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,124 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    I feel sorry for Josh Brent. My sorrow has nothing to do with my support of his behavior or his addiction.
    But people sometimes can't rid of their demons and end up succumbing to them in ways they didn't expect.
    And now he's lost his best friend and teammate and has ruined his career, not to mention his life.

Yes, I feel sorry for the young man. :(
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,771 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    Does anyone know what Brent's BAC was? I know it's splitting hairs a bit, but there's a difference between .09 and .25.
  8. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    This is so sad
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Sad all no matter how you look at it... Just call a cab!!!!
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,834 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    900 feet? Wow. That's quite a ways.
  11. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,592 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    There would have been a mandatory blood test on Brent, but the results take a while. Unless the DPS lab expedites this because of the publicity, it might take a couple months.