1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: I put 'more blame on Jerry' for way season has gone

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Norm Hitzges: I put 'more blame on Jerry' for way season has gone; I wouldn't consider trading Romo

The Ticket's Norm Hitzges answered your questions in a live chat Friday. Here are some highlights.

Jason Garrett asks ... If I get a top 5 pick next year, in your opinion, which way should I go in the draft?

HITZGES: If Dallas has a top 5, I'd take the cornerback Peterson from LSU.

RS asks ... Who do you blame more for this season, Wade's failure as head coach or Jerry's poor decisions as the GM?

read more... http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/112010dnsponormchat3.2486e5125.html
  2. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We are too short at CB & Newman is still more then decent one so we keep him.

I'm racking my brains trying to remember who Davis is but can't; assume mean Biggs--I want him gone. MBIII should be gone as well.

Would keep RWilliams cause he along with Austin & Dez gives us probably best 3 WRs in the NFL. Keeping RWilliams ensure we still would have 2 really good WRs if any one of them went down. Austin & Dez are legit #1s & RWilliams is legit #2.

Colombo is tough player but his knees hinder him. He probably also needs be gone unless he willing redo his contract to stay as a backup for 1 more year.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,636 Messages
    5,548 Likes Received
    :bow:
  4. alsmith

alsmith Member

298 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again D.A. post, it so ez to blame Jones, but it makes him popular with the fans, and to blame Jones for what, not firing a coach with a winning season and a winning pct, could you just see the papers and the headlines if they had fired a winning coach and its his fault for the players not playing well, no the GM's job is to get player and Jones has done that, now players need to play and coaches need to coach, it's that simple...
    Go Garrett and the Boys
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes Patrick Peterson is the guy I hope Dallas drafts. Dude shuts down half of the field like Revis.
  6. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Disagree 100%. The team has melted down embarrassingly every year under Wade and it the reports of how bad the lockeroom atmosphere was, then it's Jones' responsibility as GM and owner to remedy the situation. It was reported this week that Phillips didn't care about details and they never corrected mistakes in practice because Phillips wanted to move forward with practice and correct the mistakes in the film room the next day. Sorry, but you cannot win in the NFL that way. Four years of that type of crap finally caught up and led to 1-7 with what many think is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. I don't care how talented a team is, if they don't respect their coach, are not held to high standards, and feel they can get away with anything, they are not going to win in the NFL.