1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Garrett on Dez Bryant’s case: Cowboys want ‘the right kind of guy’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,498 Messages
    3,328 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    11:02 am on November 15, 2012 | Permalink

During his Thursday press conference, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett answered several questions about how the organization will handle the situation with Bryant, who was accused of hitting his mother in July.

“We have really, really good player programs and player development programs here with the Cowboys,” Garrett said. “We take that part of our job very seriously with all of our players. Dez has been a part of that thing and done a real good job with it.”

Can Garrett assure Cowboys fans that Bryant’s going to meet his obligations?

“We talk to Dez and all of our players every day about being the right kind of guy and trying to do the right things,” Garrett said. “In his case right now, that’s what he tries to do. We have a lot of programs in place for him and for other guys on our team to do the right things.

“He’s very aware of that and he works very hard to do that every day. We try to support him in those efforts.”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ing-deal-with-district-attorneys-office.html/
  2. atomicgdog

atomicgdog New Member

11 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am so sick and tired of hearing about this incident. I don't understand why they have to keep reminding everyone about what happened. Just freakin' let the man get it behind him.
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,550 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I agree. This is such old news that it's no news. Ask him what he's emphasizing with Dez in terms of route running and hot reads if you want to talk about Dez.
  4. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

124 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Sick of hearing about the incident and certainly sick of hearing this rkg nonsense.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,617 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  6. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    The entire situation was WAY overblow IMO. Dez want to be the rkg, and has gone the extra mile to do the right thing and fix this. As long as he does that ive got no problem with dez. I believe Dez see the chance to change the direction for his families future and is putting his best foot forward. Honestly if Dez played for the steelers, eagles or anyone not named the Dallas Cowboys you would have never heard about it.
  7. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    That's all I care about.
  8. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I hope Harris and Beasley are up to speed in case of a couple games suspension.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    The case should have been dropped honestly... SMH