1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Garrett: With Tony Romo, you’re going to have plays you don’t like

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,042 Messages
    5,535 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    8:54 pm on November 12, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING – Following his Monday press conference, the Cowboys coach went into greater detail for about 10 minutes, talking about Romo’s ability to extend plays.

“The amazing thing with him is he feels so much and then he can see so much while all of this stuff is going on,” Garrett said Monday. “Just having played the position, I know what a melee that whole thing feels like. These guys are all around you like, ‘Where the hell am I?’ You feel like you’re going the wrong way.

“He just has this great poise about him as an athlete where he can kind of feel what the heck’s going on, and keeps his eyes up and sees what’s going on down the field. It’s pretty unique.”

According to Garrett, Romo is doing a better job at making the positive plays and eliminating the negative ones.

And that’s good for the Cowboys because Garrett wants to avoid taking the Romo out of Romo.

“If you ever get to a point where you’re strangling him and saying, ‘You can’t do that and you can’t do that,’ I think you’re taking away the essence of what makes him a really special player,” Garrett said. “You’re going to have some plays that you don’t like, and you have to live with those, and we’ve had a few of those. But at the same time, you have to allow for the other ones.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...youre-going-to-have-plays-you-dont-like.html/
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Seems to me Garrett is showing a little more personality lately? He's saying things now that are actually interesting to read
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,347 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I'd really love to see what he could do with protection.;)
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Don't think you are going to get your wish. OL is not a priority with this team.
  5. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,745 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Yes your right. I like what he said. It seems honest and not robotic for once.
  6. scottybe

scottybe New Member

2 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe the injury gave him a new perspective on things.
  7. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    We did. 36 TDs and 18 INTs and 4000 yards (2007)