1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Hatcher has known he has an older brother; now it’s time to meet

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,633 Messages
    6,338 Likes Received
    BRANDON GEORGE

Staff writer

bgeorge@dallasnews.com

Published: 13 June 2013 11:07 PM

Updated: 13 June 2013 11:07 PM

IRVING — Defensive lineman Jason Hatcher grew up with five brothers and six sisters, so there isn’t much room left at the dinner table during the rare times they all get together.

But now they’ll have to come up with one more chair.

That’s because Hatcher — the baby boy in the family — learned a few years ago that he had yet one more, older brother. Michael Hatcher, a 51-year-old pastor who lives in Fort Worth, mailed a letter to Jason’s home about a year and a half ago to introduce himself in an effort to start building a relationship.

Since then, the two have traded texts every few weeks and communicated via Facebook messages. They have yet to talk on the phone.

Within the next two weeks, however, Jason plans to meet his half-brother face-to-face for the first time. The two plan to get together for a round of golf and perhaps follow up with dinner that would include their families.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...has-an-older-brother-now-its-time-to-meet.ece
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A heart warming story. Thanks, WG.

:)
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,397 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    This seems to be pretty genuine, but i'm always skeptical of the "oh my brother is in the NFL so i'm going to reach out" stories.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,633 Messages
    6,338 Likes Received
    Well, based on the story, it sounds like Jason was, too. In addition to that, it also seems like he really doesn't have much to do with his dad.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,904 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    It just seems strange to me to find out you have a long-lost sibling. Freaky!
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,094 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    It happens way more than people think... It's always good to know who your family is, especially siblings!
  7. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Jason has said that he grew up without a father. I think it's great that his brother has found him and they can meet each other.