News: DMN: Jason Witten on the proper way to handle accidentally running over a cheerleader

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,724 Messages
    14,379 Likes Received
    Cowboys tight end Jason Witten joined Galloway & Company on KESN-FM 103.3 recently. Here are some highlights.

Offbeat for a second, when you knock down a cheerleader like that, do you introduce yourself, 'Hi, I'm Jason.' Do you say I'm sorry. How did you handle that over there?

Witten: It happened in about three seconds. I really didn't have a whole lot of time to think about it. I guess my thought process was either I'm going to push her right in the back and she's gonna fall right on her face or I can just kind of decelerate and try grab her arm and take the slow fall with. I don't know which one is the right decision. You handle it as professionally as you can, ask her if she's alright and hop back up. I don't think there's much conversation, other than 'I'm sorry; are you OK.' She held it together pretty good. It looked like she had a smile on her face and she was a pretty good trooper about it all. As long as I've been playing football I've never been in a situation like that.

Hear the interview

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...e-accidentally-running-over-a-cheerleader.ece
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I give the cheerleader credit. One she is HOT, two that's a hell of a shot she took to just get back up like that.