1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Witten on the proper way to handle accidentally running over a cheerleader

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,657 Messages
    6,373 Likes Received
    Cowboys tight end Jason Witten joined Galloway & Company on KESN-FM 103.3 recently. Here are some highlights.

Offbeat for a second, when you knock down a cheerleader like that, do you introduce yourself, 'Hi, I'm Jason.' Do you say I'm sorry. How did you handle that over there?

Witten: It happened in about three seconds. I really didn't have a whole lot of time to think about it. I guess my thought process was either I'm going to push her right in the back and she's gonna fall right on her face or I can just kind of decelerate and try grab her arm and take the slow fall with. I don't know which one is the right decision. You handle it as professionally as you can, ask her if she's alright and hop back up. I don't think there's much conversation, other than 'I'm sorry; are you OK.' She held it together pretty good. It looked like she had a smile on her face and she was a pretty good trooper about it all. As long as I've been playing football I've never been in a situation like that.

Hear the interview

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...e-accidentally-running-over-a-cheerleader.ece
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I give the cheerleader credit. One she is HOT, two that's a hell of a shot she took to just get back up like that.