1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jay Novacek on Dez Bryant: Issues that 'plagued him in the past are gone now'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 3, 2014.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,642 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    so what does Novacek say about Witten?
    Does he gift equal love to Witten? Do he go insanely obsequiese toward Witten as well? Hey, I smel a conspiracy theory . . .
  2. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Active Member

372 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Thank u for saying that, I was bout to go off. Lol
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,417 Messages
    6,469 Likes Received
    I agree with Jay. He's turned this skeptic into a believer. He's done nothing that should make you back off from a contract extension.

He's a lot like Michael Irvin with his passion for the game.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    There were only 5 recievers targeted more than Dez last year. Please, stop spreading this nonsense.
  5. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,506 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Yeah, and if we run the ball like I think we should, and hopefully can, his numbers and looks might go down - in the range Irvin used to see. He is an elite receiver and wants to be the best and from everything I have heard, works his butt off. I am so glad JJ pulled the trigger on this kid in the draft. This would have been Randy Moss 2.0

No doubt he get's an extension. I know people ridicule JJ for this but I think Dez has a great affection for Jerry and considers him a father figure.

I think this will weight heavily on Spencer (JJ and Spencer are close) coming back as well....yes I know. Off topic.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,966 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    LMAO
    Lonestar94 and The Natural like this.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,966 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    Dez and Murray will probably still be on this team after Romo and Witten are gone.

And don't doubt Witten. Dude gets fired up. And you can tell on the field he and Dez get along great.
  8. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

509 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Been cynical about my team but I enjoyed this read. I have not forgotten the Dez from OK State, the commitment to help him as a man from the owner, and the Dez we see today. I have my issues with Jerry but he has delivered on this promise thus far. No Dez isn't the only one who wants to win but he is coming from rare personal depths and has ascended much further than the average player. Pulling for ya 88.
  9. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,357 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    I would mostly agree with that, but I do have an issue with the fact that is seems like our offense inside the 5-yard line sucks
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,108 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    You mean like post after post about how clutch E-Lie is compared to Romo?

[IMG] [IMG]
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    There was games where he didn't get thrown to for two quarters or more. Research threads from back during the season before you whine about nonsense.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,361 Messages
    4,600 Likes Received
    I think Witten is in the same boat as Romo. Want to win, can describe their feelings about how important it is to them, but just never know how.
    blackbull and jnday like this.
  13. sideon

sideon Active Member

213 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Maybe he would if the coordinators knew how to game plan, how many times have we seen Garrett concede Dez to the defense and focus on others?
  14. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Sean Lee
  15. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,287 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    They were 3rd in the league in red zone efficiency last yeár
  16. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,757 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Yes. Romo's stats are misleading when you watch All-22. There were so many times Dez was open and Romo either didn't see it or wouldn't pull the trigger. And this year Romo had a lot of time to throw, so you can't blame the O-Line.

YR
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,757 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    In my experience, there are those athletes that like sports mainly because they are successful. It is more common than not. And when they are unsuccessful, they lose interest instead of sticking with it and figuring out a way to get back and become successful again. They do that because they love playing the game and love being competitive. I think that is what Novacek was getting at.

Most will play the game because of the rewards it brings, but when it comes right down to it they will only play on their terms.

YR
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    when he is on the field which is nowhere near enough
  19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
  20. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,642 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    No, it was just Novecek spouting off the usual complimentary drivel. His work ethic, his leadership his smarts, his will to win. Blah blah blah
    So overstated. Just shut up and enjoy your new line of work installing metal roofs, Jay.

I think Dez is talented. But his sideline demeanor needs work. And this year, when Romo and Witten do their swan song, bet heavy on this: Dez will be a whining prima dona and will be shouting his usual bad grammer and syntax on the sidelines.
    Heh.