1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jay Novacek on Dez Bryant: Issues that 'plagued him in the past are gone now'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Dez has some if the same traits that Irvin had as a player. The difference is the attitude of Dez's teammates. Leading by example is a good thing , but it has been used as an excuse for no leadership with this current team. I agreed with Sapp when he said that Ware couldn't lead ants to a picnic. The same leadership questions has been asked about Romo and Witten and their way if leading by example. It hasn't worked. I enjoyed Irvin and Aikman's way of leadership. Troy would rip into his line when they didn't block. Irvin led with a passion that few others could match. They wanted 100% effort and demanded it from their teammates. There is not a leader on the current team with that attitude and it shows.
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,768 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Go to sleep.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    I don't know if I agree entirely. Michael Irvin and Dez are both highly charged guys. But how they do the firing up is different. When Irvin was on sideline firing teammates up...they were listing to every word and looking back to the field as if they couldn't wait to get back out there. When I see Dez yelling on sidelines I see teammates backing up and clearing out almost avoiding him. I am not sure if Dez hasn't earned that respect or maybe Dez isn't as articulate as Michael was. Whatever it is the only people who seem to be benefiting from it is ESPN who replays the clip on a loop from sunday thru mid week.
  4. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,765 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    I hope so because Dez is a special talent. I have always thought that. As long as he is a Cowboy I'm pulling for him. Even with all his drama. As for him vs Irvin, Irvin stabbed a teammate so there is no comparison at this point.
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,667 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    Take off, hoser. You and the moose you rode in on.;)
  6. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I don't blame him. Romo and Witten need to go somewhere else. Swan song? Nobody has time for that. Smh
  7. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,667 Messages
    608 Likes Received
    He's also a competitor.