1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones on 105.3... talks about Martellus, Bruce Carter

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 4, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,457 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: TE Martellus Bennett is here to stay

[IMG]
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    11:12 AM on Fri., Nov. 4, 2011 | Permalink

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked Friday morning on 105.3 FM about tight end Martellus Bennett, and if his next mistake will be his last on this team.

"Well no, it's not. We need him," Jones said. "He's doing an outstanding job in parts of what we're going to need as we go along."

"Martellus certainly has the ability to be an outstanding receiver, but more importantly, he is a tremendous blocker," Jones said. "Martellus Bennett could be a tackle. He has real strong hands, long arms, has natural feet, the ability to reset and do all the things you want in a blocker. So we benefit from his work in there.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-te-m.html
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,457 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    Cowboys still trying to find the right fit for a cast for LB Sean Lee; Bruce Carter ready to go

[IMG]
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    10:24 AM on Fri., Nov. 4, 2011 | Permalink

Jones said that second-round pick Bruce Carter is preparing to play on defense this week against Seattle.

"With Rob Ryan's defense, you need the benefit of a lot of repetition and you certainly need the benefit of the preseason. It is one that you want to be where you're supposed to be," Jones said. "It's going to take a lot of repetition in the defense to get everybody comfortable that you're where you're supposed to be and in the position you're in when you get there. However, he's progressing.

"I noticed in practice that he was in on some of the packages, just more than we had hoped he would be in, frankly. We didn't want to have to address an injury in there. He made a big tackle for us, maybe a touchdown-saving tackle, last weekend. He can run. I think he's what we thought we were getting in a positive way."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/cowboys-still-trying-to-find-t.html
  3. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,971 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Good God, how many interviews does Jerry give throughout the course of a week?
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry is the epitome of an attention whore. :laugh2:
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,109 Messages
    739 Likes Received
    Or maybe the guy just wrote two articles...
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    Wasnt that RW11 forte also, from the apologists? How'd that go for em.:laugh1:
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    So thats the problem with Brooking, not enough reps in RR defense.:laugh1:
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,664 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I wonder what the chances are that Bennett could actually play tackle, he's gotta be at least in the same league as Parnell. I'm sure as a TE, you never want to give up being able to get in the endzone and make plays, but I wonder if he'd be any good at tackle if he committed fulltime to the conversion.