1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones says he wasn't snubbed on sideline by QB Tony Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 4, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,208 Likes Received
    ByBrandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:10 AM on Tue., Oct. 4, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- The video clip of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' brief sideline interaction with quarterback Tony Romo late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 34-30 loss to Detroit has made its rounds the last two days.

"No, that's ridiculous. Not at all," Jones said Tuesday morning on his weekly radio show on KRLD-FM 105.3. "What all I was doing on the sideline was hollering at the offense that we're going to get it back and when we get it back, let's win the game. Nothing like that."

Jones was then asked about why he goes onto the sideline during games in the first place and if he regrets doing that at times.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-5.html
  2. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    I have no problem with him going down there. It's his money his investment his team. I see Arthur Blank on the sidelines and no one says a word about it. He put his money into this team and stadium he is just trying to support his guys.
  3. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,764 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    I have a problem with it and here is why: He said "I've been going down there since we won Super Bowls, so I know it works"

That is my problem...he thinks his presence affects the outcomes of games...and my gosh that is just crossing the line to me. To continue to act like he can do ANYTHING he wants because it is his team is just ludicrous. Of course he can do ANYTHING he wants...but that does not mean you do it. He has done it HIS way since he fired Jimmy...and the results speak for themselves. It undermines the presence of the coach. And I don't care what ANYONE says. Of course the degree differs based on who the coach is, but the bottom line is his presence let's everyone know who the boss is...and in the heat of the game..the only boss the players need to be focused on are coaches and/or leaders on the team!
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,136 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I never had an issue with him doing it before and I still don't. If I put that kind of money into a team I would go down to the sidelines anytime I damn well pleased.

That doesn't set well with some people, and that is perfectly fine, but that's just how I'd see it as well.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

3,831 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    Well its not changing. Like I said its his money and his team. He doesn't live by anyone's rules but his own.. rightfully so... I see no problem supporting his team and trying to pump a deflated sideline. No one else is. You put the money he has into it and tell me you wouldn't do it either.
  6. bbailey423

4,764 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    If I put the kind of money he has put into Romo, Ware, Garrett, Miles, Newman, Witten, etcc...No I do not feel as if I should have to pump them up during the game. He is not a fan. Football is not like any other business. He has highly paid coaches and players that need to do this. And the leadership reigns of this team have ALWAYS been shaky because Jones upstages all of them. If he could, he would take the headset and call plays, sell the popcorn, sell beer, give pre-game speech, give post-game speech, drive people home, tuck them to bed etc....
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,043 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    I just want to point out that he never said it works. He just likes it down there. I would too. Lots of owners do it. No big deal.
  8. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    On the nosey.

I really wish he'd just shut up. He sounds like such an idiot.

Yes Jerry, you going down on the sidelines had an impact on the team winning three Super Bowls....but hasn't since.

He's reading Karma? THat's not even the correct use of the word. What an idiot.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,745 Messages
    1,432 Likes Received
    JJ is a football idiot and everyone except JJ and a few apologists know it
    he is also the owner of the cowboys so unfortunately we have to deal with it

having said this... romo was not snubbing JJ in that video... non-story
  10. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    This story really increased my 100% conviction that the media is digging deep to just find anything to talk about...

It's clear to the blind that he did not snub him...
    JJ was cheering the guys..
    passed Romo, who apparently wasn't paying attention,
    then when TR realized he tried a last second quick handshake..

Makes one appreciate the pros for having to live with this media idiocy

:cool:
  11. bbailey423

4,764 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    the issue is...should the QB be worried about whether or not he "dissed" the owner before taking the field for perhaps a last second game winning drive? We are all entitled to out opinion, but I cannot understand how anyone thinks this is NORMAL!
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    I'm with you, I also don't think it makes an impact good or bad.
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,857 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    It's his team and he can do what he wants, but I don't think he should be down there either.
    Football gets heated, and players say things that they may regret. Saying it to your coach who understands the game-time pressures you're under is one thing. Cussing your parents is another. I consider an owner like a parent.
    He shouldn't be on the field because he may be in the line of fire of some things he doesn't want to hear. Even though I may disagree with the language, players need to be free to be who they are without someone looking over their shoulders, especially when they're playing during game time.