1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones says WR Dez Bryant's latest unpaid debt has been paid off

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,169 Messages
    5,717 Likes Received
    ByBrandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:18 AM on Fri., Dec. 30, 2011 | Permalink
    On Wednesday, a Boston Herald report came out about Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant facing yet another lawsuit over an unpaid debt. But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Friday on 105.3 FM that Bryant's bill has been paid.

Endurance Capital Fund, a New York-based investment firm, was seeking to recoup more than $50,000 of a $100,000 loan that the company said it gave Bryant. The debt was reportedly over one year past due. The company had been trying to serve Bryant with a lawsuit in Texas but he had avoided the servers, according to the report.

"I've got some familiarity with the details, quite a bit familiarity with the details of this business that he had this week off the field," Jerry Jones said on his weekly radio show. "I would say that that is the reason you have disagreements. I know firsthand that the bill was paid and accepted, so I can't say and wouldn't say any more about that."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-11.html