1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN JJT: OT not a sexy pick for Cowboys but it is the correct one

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 22, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 21 April 2011 09:34 PM

Related items

Each week, Jean-Jacques Taylor answers your questions in our Cowboys newsletter. It's easy to sign up and receive it. Just click over to our newsletter page. Some highlights of his most recent newsletter:

Cory Williams writes, "I saw a report about DE Da’Quan Bowers (Clemson) and OT Tyron Smith (USC). The article said Smith’s knee is as bad as Bower’s knee that might require additional surgery. Bowers is said to have dropped out of the top 10 in the draft since his team visits because of his knee. Have you heard any rumblings about Smith’s knee? Also, what is the drop off at OT after Smith?"

TAYLOR: Obviously, I’m no doctor, but Bowers appears to have a degenerative condition that might eventually require microfracture surgery, which is a potential career-ender or at least a career-changer because you couldn’t expect him to be the same type of explosive player. Smith had a meniscus tear, which is often repaired with arthroscopic surgery. They’re nowhere close to being the same injury. Most folks who study the draft believe Smith and Boston College’s Anthony Constanzo are virtually equal. Then comes Nate Solder followed by Gabe Carimi. Most people think Smith is the best available because of his youth and athleticism.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ick-for-cowboys-but-it-is-the-correct-one.ece
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll take Smith...
  3. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    will be interesting to see frenchy spin picking Smith as a reach or mistake in the coming days. only time will tell if this kid can contribute
  4. Corleone

Corleone Active Member

963 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Damn that second sentence scared the **** out of me for a second there lol I was like WHAT!?! Luckily it got better from there.
  5. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    WHY WAS EVERYONE WE PICKED HURT? SAME THING A FEW YEARS AGO