1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: LG Nate Livings on return: “All good, baby.”

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 20, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    By David Moore/ Reporter
    dmoore@dallasnews.com
    8:04 pm on August 20, 2012 | Permalink

Left guard Nate Livings got chills when he watched the Cowboys run up the tunnel to face the Chargers over the weekend.

Then, he wrestled with the emotions of missing his second consecutive game with his new teammates.

“That’s a feeling I don’t like,’’ Livings said.

“It’s just getting back, getting my feet back under me, getting to hit different guys,’’ said Livings, who has been out since early in camp with a hamstring injury. “It felt good.

“All good, baby.’’

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/08/cowboys-lg-nate-livings-on-return-all-good-baby.html/
  2. jzcowboy

jzcowboy Active Member

964 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Is he playing on Saturday?
  3. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,571 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    here you go...
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    He's expecting to.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Livings returns to Cowboys' offensive line, Costa could be back Thursday
    By Jimmy Burch

The Dallas Cowboys’ patchwork offensive line took another step toward normalcy this morning when Nate Livings, a free-agent signee projected to start at left guard, donned pads for the first time since tweaking his hamstring on Day 3 of training camp.

Livings took limited snaps in the combined workout with the Chargers but mixed in with the first-team unit as well as the reserves. He plans to play Saturday night against the St. Louis Rams in Cowboys Stadium.

“It was great, man. I loved it,” Livings said. “I’m just getting my feet back under me. Getting in a hit on different guys, here and there. It felt good … It’s been a couple of weeks since I was out there with the fellows. But that’s what I’m here to do. I’m here to play football. I’m not here to sit down and watch my teammates practice.”...

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...sta-could-be-back-thursday.html#storylink=cpy
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Good to see these guys returning, hope to see them in live action here shortly.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    Agreed.

And it would be very nice to have Costa play against the Rams to give the starters a chance to work together during the 'dress rehearsal' preseason game.
  8. BigDinAZ

BigDinAZ Active Member

1,401 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Finally... A little bit of good news.

Does this mean we can actually have our week 1 starting o-line on the field against the Rams?
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    I said early on and will stick to it: if Livings and Bernadeau are healthy enough, we are better at guard this season without a doubt.

Now, about that center position.....
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    That is my hope as well. We are 15 days away from kicking it off the season in NY, I like to see as many starter back in the lineup as possible.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    agreed

hoping they can gel well together
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    15 days, wow!

It's actually starting to sink in that real football is right around the corner.

:D
  13. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,888 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    Will Costa get enough practices in, if he indeed does return Thursday. To play in Saturday's game. Or do we need to wait until the following Wednesday against the Dolphins.

Hope he gets at least 10 to 12 snaps in Saturday.
  14. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    That is what we live for. :D

I'm excited about the season. I know we have areas of concern I also think we have areas of strength and improvement. We came up short last season and I don't expect us to come up short this one.
  15. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,888 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received

Where's the countdown clock?
    Will one be put up.....get's us pumped as the timer ticks down to REAL KO time.....
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,093 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    I think he's going to look great on Saturday night. When the lights are on for Livings, he's a top tier guard. He can block the best defensive linemen in the league with ease. But while I'm a huge Livings fan, he does have a bit of an issue with consistency and seems to play down to his opponent.