1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

DMN: Loyal fan from Mexico eager to experience first Dallas Cowboys game after loss of sight

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Nov 28, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Ginsu Wolverine Minion Staff Member

43,180 Messages
    6,819 Likes Received
    Loyal fan from Mexico eager to experience first Dallas Cowboys game after loss of sight

acorchado@dallasnews.com Published: 27 November 2013 07:21 PM

[IMG]

Longtime fan Luis Rodríguez will attend his first Dallas Cowboys game on Thursday. But he isn’t overly concerned about whether his team wins or loses.

For Rodríguez, the experience is what it’s all about. He’s looking forward to feeling the energy of tens of thousands of fans, to hearing the roar, the hits, the grunts of players on the field, to palming a high five.

Rodríguez, a former high school and college football player, lost his sight after an accident eight years ago. He is attending his first Cowboys game at the urging of a friend, and he’s thankful for the opportunity. He wants to recapture the thrill he once got from watching his team play.

“Being at the game is about rediscovering something I lost so many years ago, the magic of watching spectacular plays, the face of determination in the players, the anticipation of the outcome,” he said. “The simple things we take for granted. Life isn’t just about seeing but also about feeling. I want to feel so I can see again without my eyes.”

Rodríguez, 60, is general manager of a diesel shop in Monterrey, Mexico. He lost his eyesight after an accident at home. He slipped, hit his head and damaged his retinas, eventually going blind.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...t-dallas-cowboys-game-after-loss-of-sight.ece
    Ren likes this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Ginsu Wolverine Minion Staff Member

43,180 Messages
    6,819 Likes Received
    Great for him and nice of family and friends to make it happen. Love these feel good stories. :)
  3. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

294 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Great story! Thank you for sharing this.
  4. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Mike Jenkins jersey?
  5. jesusdlg

jesusdlg Member

168 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Probably Deion ;)

Great story! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  6. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    I'm FEELING a Deon Sanders jersey. The BIG ENERGY in the Jerrydome will bring his sight back. Enjoy the game 21
    khiladi likes this.
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,557 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    Makes you thankful on this day for everything that you have in life!
    percyhoward likes this.
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

28,052 Messages
    2,924 Likes Received
    This man is a true Cowboy fan and I hope he has a great time today. Great story.
  9. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,915 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Great story!
  10. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,136 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Hopefully he'll be there for a win.
  11. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,712 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's a Julius Jones jersey & no one told him.
    Great story, just the same. :)