1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Lucas Oil Stadium received good reviews; myths about Cowboys Stadium persist

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 7, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    By

Jeff Mosier / Reporter
    jmosier@dallasnews.com | Bio
    6:40 PM on Mon., Feb. 6, 2012 | Permalink

It wasn't just Indianapolis getting good reviews as a Super Bowl city. People generally looked favorably on Lucas Oil Stadium (like Cowboys Stadium, it was also designed by Dallas-based HKS).

The Indianapolis Business Journal quoted a guy who probably knows something about NFL stadiums.
    "Lucas Oil is the best stadium ever," Madden NFL Creative Director Michael Young raved in a post on Twitter. "Less than a minute wait for bathroom and food all night."

One common theme that popped up in the coverage was an occasional rehashing of the attendance myth from last year's Super Bowl in Arlington. There's a perception that the stadium was packed with an absurd number of fans that went far beyond its capacity. The standard storyline was that Jerry Jones and the NFL packed more than 103,000 people in a stadium built only for about 80,000 or so.

However, that Super Bowl XLV attendance figure of 103,219 is misleading. That was the total attendance, which included fans, NFL employees, broadcasters, etc. And that number was cited recently by the Associated Press, USA Today, Indianapolis Star and others.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/lucas-oil-stadium-received-goo.html
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    Yeah because I'm sure that Madden guy was getting his concessions and going to the bathroom in the 400 level all night and not in his private box.
  3. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I was there. Really wasn't much of a wait to do anything. Food was 5 minutes tops. Bathrooms really had no wait.

The entire city was well prepared and the people of Indianapolis were outstanding. They deserve another SB for sure!!