1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DMN: Machota: Cowboys cut ties with DeMarcus Ware; don't expect that with Jason Witten

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 28, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

58,606 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Question: with the Cowboys releasing Ware, Austin, etc... how are they not releasing Witten? inspite of Escobar being unproven he has the pedigree of a 2nd yr 2nd rounder. I do not find Witten to be worth the pay, and is too old.

Jon Machota: Well then we'll just have to disagree on that. I think Witten is still one of the top pass-catching tight ends in the league. I got 183 receptions over the last two seasons that say he's not the problem.

Question: when can we expect another player to be signed or is there anyone they are targeting right now in FA, also, spencer, will he be back from that knee surgery, I understand very few have returned from having it, thoughts?

Jon Machota: It's kind of a wait and see process right now. The Cowboys aren't sure if Spencer will be ready by training camp. They're obviously not going to sign him if he's not healthy. I wouldn't expect another significant signing.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL CHAT

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,859 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    Why would we? Witten actually produced last year.