1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Machota: Cowboys cut ties with DeMarcus Ware; don't expect that with Jason Witten

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 28, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

27,899 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Question: with the Cowboys releasing Ware, Austin, etc... how are they not releasing Witten? inspite of Escobar being unproven he has the pedigree of a 2nd yr 2nd rounder. I do not find Witten to be worth the pay, and is too old.

Jon Machota: Well then we'll just have to disagree on that. I think Witten is still one of the top pass-catching tight ends in the league. I got 183 receptions over the last two seasons that say he's not the problem.

Question: when can we expect another player to be signed or is there anyone they are targeting right now in FA, also, spencer, will he be back from that knee surgery, I understand very few have returned from having it, thoughts?

Jon Machota: It's kind of a wait and see process right now. The Cowboys aren't sure if Spencer will be ready by training camp. They're obviously not going to sign him if he's not healthy. I wouldn't expect another significant signing.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL CHAT

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,545 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Why would we? Witten actually produced last year.