1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Mike Jenkins to meet with doctor next week

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 27, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,657 Messages
    4,787 Likes Received
    By David Moore/ Reporter
    dmoore@dallasnews.com
    11:08 am on July 27, 2012 | Permalink

Mike Jenkins will report to training camp in Oxnard with the rest of the Cowboys this weekend.

He won’t be there long.

A few days into camp, probably Thursday, Jenkins will be excused to fly cross-country to meet with Dr. James Andrews. The doctor who performed the cornerback’s off-season shoulder surgery will assess his progress and give the club a better handle on where he stands in his rehabilitation.

The Cowboys believe they will be able to clear Jenkins for practice before camp breaks in late August. The club will have a better idea on the timetable once the meeting with Andrews takes place.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...e-jenkins-to-meet-with-doctor-next-week.html/
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i hope they are right about him participating at some point during camp
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,729 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    This really isn't to the advantage of Mike Jenkin's psychic. It is necessary to his healing...apparently. But this young man needs to get onto the field and prove his own self doubts wrong.
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Miss Cleo??
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,729 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    :) Easy fella'...
  6. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I think we are gonna see the 2010 Jenkins this year. His head is too big after a good season and he feels he in entitled. I am beginning to thnk that he will be gone after this season.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,729 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    Don't think that he can get wrapped up with the excitment in his team, and being a young athlete?
  8. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel bad for this kid....

I think this injury is a serious one and he may never be the same.

I thought he was our most talented CB we had in years....I liked how he played.

He gets a bad rap here imho.

Being away from rehab had no bearing on his recovering time. And I really think him being disgrunted is overblown by the media. Sure he would of liked a new contract and some insurance.....but its a business....His injury is a concern....and was a concern for the Dallas brass.

I wish Jenkins the best....but I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt overcome this shoulder injury and as a FA next year he will probably get a 1 year deal to see how healthy he is and how he can play.

Its sad....because when healthy....he has the talent to be a top CB in this league
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,038 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    I think Jenkins should have rehabed with the Cowboys...
  10. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Hopefully Jenkins will be healthy this year. We need him.
  11. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Couldnt agree more,Jenks is one of my favs and i hope he can get healthy,cause when he is,he really is one heluva CB imo.