1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: DMN: Miles Austin: Why big contract hasn't changed me...w/audio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 1, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,312 Messages
    3,183 Likes Received
    11:55 PM CDT on Thursday, September 30, 2010

[SIZE=-1]SportsDayDFW.com[/SIZE]

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin was interviewed on KESN-FM radio on Thursday to discuss last Sunday’s game against the Texans and teams paying more attention to him. Here are some highlights:

You received your big contract after having a great season last year. Are you a different person now that you’ve earned some big money?
    No, you’re going to get the same guy. Nothing really has changed at all; I’m really doing the same things and hanging out. I mean, I got a couple of people asking me for money ever now and again a little bit more than normal but other than that, it’s pretty much the same as always.

After the win against the Texans, the players were saying it’s because the team finally had a good week of practice. What was different about that week’s practice compared to the previous weeks?
    I wouldn’t say it was majorly different, but we were all focused. We all really focused, everyone was really into their assignments and we took it seriously. I mean, we take all practices seriously but this week, we definitely had a little bit more sense of urgency and it showed in the game: guys were fired up and ready to go.

What did the Texans do to become the first team to hold you in check this season?
    I mean, I think they did a great job and they got a great defense. So, I mean, they got guys out there that are working hard and I was out there giving everything I had and sometimes it just is what it is. Sometimes you get the ball a lot in a game, sometimes you don’t but anytime you get a win, it’s a plus, so I’m glad we got that going.

Read more: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ies/100110dnspoaustininterview.146cefb40.html

To listen to the interview, click here.
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You gotta love Austin... He's a beast!